Mirror test of self awareness

I don't believe in self awareness, it's either you know the reflection of your image process, or in the case of the monkey, you'll figure out that the movements in the mirror are the same in the non virtual world, I also don't believe that monkeys and humans are the only beings that knowledge and identify them self in the mirror, don't forget that mirrors and very frequently present in nature (water, ice, shadows...) I support the idea of testing it on your dog, if he gets familiar with the mirror, I'm sure he'll identify itself in it.

I always interpreted such tests as being considered sufficient but not necessary.

If a crow uses its reflection to locate a piece of tape on one of its feathers, or an ape uses it to remove a smudge on its face then we know the animal realises the reflection is themselves.

If they don't react, we only know that they didn't react.

Was I wrong in this line of reasoning? Is a non-reaction considered positive evidence of non-self-awareness (rather than lack of evidence for self-awareness)?

I've seen a cat lick its ass in front of the mirror.