quantum wave interference

Genius13

yes i actualy dont really understand interference so would some1 pls explain wha is it actualy i just read the brief history of time and it doesnt explain it very good

Interference is basically where parts of different waves meet. If you drop a pebble in the water, you see those circular waves. But, if you drop two pebbles in the water at the same time, some of the ripples run into each other at different points, and that's what interference is.

Edited by questionposter

but thas that always happen?

i mean uj have 2 stars and they radiate light , when those 2 waves meet will they interfere ? or when a star raiates light can that light interact with other light sent from the same star?

if so how could the doppler effect work?

but thas that always happen?

i mean uj have 2 stars and they radiate light , when those 2 waves meet will they interfere ? or when a star raiates light can that light interact with other light sent from the same star?

if so how could the doppler effect work?

Interference happens only at the point where there is overlap of the waves, and the waves have to have a certain phase relation — in phase or 180º out of phase for constructive or destructive interference. Light from a star is not coherent enough for this phase relationship to persist very far. So you do have some destructive and constructive interference, but it all averages out and there's no net effect.