Is anyone out there as stupid as I am?

Guest Spacincutie8

Guest Spacincutie8

Is there anyone out there that doesn't understand very much of anything on the various forums? if there is I would like to talk to you . I am incredibly confused by all this. If you're under 16 and dont get any of this please reply. :confused:

A lot of the discussions here are between people who have degrees (or higher!) in a subject or work in a related industry, so don't be surprised or intimidated if you come across material that makes no sense to you ;)

There are many other teenagers on this forum by the way.

you wanna go to the area which you are most interested or best at (for me physics and computers). if you dont understand something maybe read up about it. sadly knowledge doesnt come without work (and in this case work is in the form of learning).

Is anyone out there as stupid as I am?

Not understanding something is not stupid. For even being on this forum and having the interest and motivation to learn and understand, I consider you very intelligent.

And btw, yes I do not understand alot of things discussed in this board. And I am 25! So do not feel bad.

My best advice would be to read your interests if you do not understand something, study up on it, and if you cannot find an answer, ask questions.

Not understanding something is not stupid. For even being on this forum and having the interest and motivation to learn and understand, I consider you very intelligent.

that will be my signature one day (if you allow me to)... maybe, just for a bit, i think it is a very important sentence or two.

lol, that would make for a good one. :)

In any case, Its normal to doubt your own intelligence. Im a 14 yr old son of geniuses, so I do it sometimes. Like 5614 said, try to find something that appeals to you. For me, that would be, well, most everything. But look into more specific threads like "microbiology", or "Medical Sciences".

Everyone here is nice enough, just try to steer clear of some of the "crazies" (Mainly the ones who have been restricted to pheudoscience) :)

If you need help in something, just ask around or P(rivate) M(essage) someone.

OK, i cannt even set:

"Not understanding something is not stupid. For even being on this forum and having the interest and motivation to learn and understand, I consider you very intelligent."

as my sig because it is too long, this is a bit over the top, its just two lines, can somone do something about this stupidly short limit?

maybe have a 4 line limit, rather than stupidly short letter limits?

OK' date=' i cannt even set:

"Not understanding something is not stupid. For even being on this forum and having the interest and motivation to learn and understand, I consider you very intelligent."

as my sig because it is too long, this is a bit over the top, its just two lines, can somone do something about this stupidly short limit?

maybe have a 4 line limit, rather than stupidly short letter limits?[/quote']

I know, it always bothers me when I try to set a good signature, and I come up too long. So I have to revise it, without punctuation, and try to skip over something, then try again. Come November 3rd, I'll have to change it again (of course to say something about how I won the presidency :P )

:D

it still wont fit, anyway, it doesnt have the same ring to it!

its 98 charachters exluding spaces, so the count must include spaces, in which case the one suggested in post #12 is 115

(i used word count!)

I PMed blike.... THANK YOU BLIKE

p.s. it works now, incase you didnt notice!

I am 24 with an electronics degree, took some chemistry, and have had many physics courses. I havent been to any classes for over 4 years now (associates degree). I have always excelled in Math and Science, but failed at English courses. I work as a Facility Technician for the local telephone company, I live and die Ohms Law in the real world. I havent applied my science knownlodge in quite awhile. I havent been able to find one particular area to focus on yet, gotta find my specialty. An idiot is someone who does nothing to better themselves, if you apply yourself and work at improving something, then you are far above that.