need help

nik01

Four forces are appplied to one point with different angles. What is the net force assuming that all horse drag with the same force? Sketc the corresponding angle.

i need some ideas on that plzzz

Four forces are appplied to one point with different angles. What is the net force assuming that all horse drag with the same force? Sketc the corresponding angle. i need some ideas on that plzzz

If I showed you this, would it give you any ideas?

vector_components.gif

Yes, think of my diagram as a map and the vectors as miles traveled. If you travel Ax miles to the East and Ay miles to the North, performing both movements is the same as traveling A miles in a northeasterly direction.

The same is true with forces. So, use trig functions to convert your forces into their x and y components (you could even call them their "equivalents", that is, for example, Ax and Ay (together) are equal to A).

Once you find all their x and y components, it makes sense that summing all the x components and summing all the y components is equal to summing the original forces.

This exercise asks you to "sketch the corresponding angle". So, you need to calculate a trig function that computes the angle from its x and y components.

Please note: If this is a homework assignment, you should post it in the Homework Help forum in the Education Forum.

Edited by ewmon