What do you do with your college books?

Genecks

• 1 year later...

I used to buy books when I was in college and because books are costly, I resell it after. Well, I just remeber that textbooks are one of the biggest pains in the backside when it comes to college expenses. I just hate how outrageously priced the books are. To those who are having a hard time looking for a textbook, I have heard that University students all over the place have felt the horrible sting of the bookstore markup on textbooks. They can be egregious, but there are ways around it, say renting one's textbooks. Amazon used to only do that for the Kindle, but currently Amazon textbook rental reaches hardcopies.

(blog link removed by moderator - please read our rules, section 2.7)

Edited by CaptainPanic

I haven't been in college long. I keep the textbooks on subjects I like, but I take laptop notes whenever I read a chapter of a textbook. The laptop notes are superior in many ways.

Edited by Mondays Assignment: Die

I haven't been in college long. I keep the textbooks on subjects I like, but I take laptop notes whenever I read a chapter of a textbook. The laptop notes are superior in many ways.

I used to love my own notes too, when I was in university. But now, after I've been working for a number of years, I find that it is extremely inconvenient that I cannot perform any searches on my notes (they're on paper). So, my recommendation: make sure you can search in your notes, or they become worthless as soon as you forget what is written down where.

I am actually pleased that I still have all my books from university. I use (some of them) quite frequently. They have an index, which is quite convenient.

• 5 weeks later...

Kept all my biology books. Especially for the variant courses like Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy or Ethology. In the past I found used textbooks for courses I don't have the ability to take for like two or three dollars and I've bought those. Conservation Biology makes for fun reading.