Experiment to test F=ma

Yaniv

Surely this can be solved by putting a litre of water in a sealed container under standard conditions on a balance and then freezing it and seeing if it changes weight. :blink:

A litre of water will weigh 1000g and then see how much the "litre" of ice weighs, but I guess no one has thought of that in the 300 hundred years science has been going on. :o

Or even just put a block of metal in the freezer on a balance...

Edited by Psycho

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't believe that you have even looked for any papers about my theory concerning Unicorns.

Why should we look for papers concerning your ideas?

However This might help a bit.

Here are some notes about calibration of DSC.

http://www.sump4.com/publications/paper011.pdf

Among other things they use metals. It's not in vacuuo but that won't matter much. The systems they use mean that the sample and the oven it's in are at similar temperatures so the effect of convection currents will be minimal.

Since they do this sort of thing to quite high accuracy, there's not much room for your suggestions.

I really don't believe that you have even looked for any papers about my theory concerning Unicorns.

I believe I have found the problem. I searched on Bing for "Unicorn Transformation Programme" and received this notice : "Your current Bing SafeSearch setting filters out results that might return adult content. To view those results as well, change your SafeSearch setting."

Clearly Yaniv has encountered the same difficulty, but has been unable to remove the adult filter. This would be consistent with the observation that his posts have generally been childish.

I believe I have found the problem. I searched on Bing for "Unicorn Transformation Programme" and received this notice : "Your current Bing SafeSearch setting filters out results that might return adult content. To view those results as well, change your SafeSearch setting."

Clearly Yaniv has encountered the same difficulty, but has been unable to remove the adult filter. This would be consistent with the observation that his posts have generally been childish.

Much to my consternation I was able to Google "Unicorn Transformation Programme" and look what I found

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/pages/Dog-to-Unicorn-Transformation-Kit.html

I read TGA curves often require "transformations", modifications", "curve smoothing" and "other operations" before results can be interpreted. So final curves may show what you want and hide what you don't.

Rapid weight losses are often explained with evaporation. Do evaporaites account for the entire loss ? could other factors contribute for a fraction of the loss ?

To test the missing weight predicted by my theory you got to do the r i g h t experiment.