There is no economic crisis.

Greatest I am

There is no economic crisis.

The news is full of hysteria and dread as to how much of a an economic crisis the world is in. Rome trembles. So to speak.

I submit that it is all part of the social manipulation that is at work on us by the media. They only focus on the debtors and ignore the lenders.

These lenders are in actual control of the economy.

If mankind wants to end the so called economic crisis, all mankind need do is rein in those run away rich lenders.

Let us not forget, those nations in debt; Greece comes to mind, should also be made to come to heel on it‘s extravagances.

Woe to the rich. The tax man cometh.

If there were an actual economic crisis, it would be the lenders in the news and not the debtors.

Regards

DL

There is no economic crisis. . . .

If mankind wants to end the so called economic crisis, all mankind need do is rein in those run away rich lenders. . .

If there is no economic crisis why would we need to solve it?

The question that the OP does not literally ask, but that I can see hidden in that post is: who is responsible for our problems now: the lenders (banks and investors) who gave money to the debtors until the debtors got into trouble, or the debtors for accepting all that money until they were in trouble?

I think both are responsible for this situation. And therefore I partially agree with the OP that the lenders are (also) in control of the economy. I also agree that the lenders are largely left alone, while all the focus is on the debtors. I think it's not too much to ask that lenders (banks / investors) also take some responsibility, and that they are a little more careful where they give their money.

It's not just countries (Greece) that got into trouble because it was too easy to borrow money. It's especially the individual people who were able to take a mortgage that was just too high for their income. While you can expect a country to have financial advisors, you can't expect the guy on the street to understand all the risks involved with borrowing money... and that's where I think the ' lenders' should take more responsibility.

One fact must be remembered that lenders survive when borrowers dwell. Economic development needs the growth of lenders, no doubt, but it leads to increase in number of borrowers. Lenders can increase when they have borrowers.

Besides, economic crisis is really broad and not limited to lenders or borrowers.

The question that the OP does not literally ask, but that I can see hidden in that post is: who is responsible for our problems now: the lenders (banks and investors) who gave money to the debtors until the debtors got into trouble, or the debtors for accepting all that money until they were in trouble?

I think both are responsible for this situation. And therefore I partially agree with the OP that the lenders are (also) in control of the economy. I also agree that the lenders are largely left alone, while all the focus is on the debtors. I think it's not too much to ask that lenders (banks / investors) also take some responsibility, and that they are a little more careful where they give their money.

It's not just countries (Greece) that got into trouble because it was too easy to borrow money. It's especially the individual people who were able to take a mortgage that was just too high for their income. While you can expect a country to have financial advisors, you can't expect the guy on the street to understand all the risks involved with borrowing money... and that's where I think the ' lenders' should take more responsibility.

The last 30 years gave corporations so much rope they hung themselves. So maybe corporations are people. They just haven't got out of the sandbox and agencies decided to not have any parental supervision. Of course, when the individuals, corporations are run by flesh and blood humans who cry all the way to the bank pocketing our millions, why would the humans care? Occupy Wall Street

If there is no economic crisis why would we need to solve it?

A good reason for stabilizing a socio economic demographic pyramid is to end waste at the bottom.

In human terms, that means saving about 10 million wasted lives a year through pooverty related causes, and take perhaps 1 billion up a notch in standard of living.

Regards

DL

Well put.

It may be that the rich cannot take more responsibility unless forced to do so.

What the rich cause is to some extent not in their control.

It happens inadvertently and not in a conscious control.

Regards

DL

One fact must be remembered that lenders survive when borrowers dwell. Economic development needs the growth of lenders, no doubt, but it leads to increase in number of borrowers. Lenders can increase when they have borrowers.

Besides, economic crisis is really broad and not limited to lenders or borrowers.

True but the engine runs on borrowing and lending.

Regards

DL

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, Try watching any one of the financial news networks for, say, an hour. The news is dominated by worries about lenders. The crisis in Europe is about Greece failing and then taking down the rest of the European banking system. If Greece failed in isolation it would be much less of a concern; the austerity the Greeks need would them be forced upon them. the worry is about taking outFrench and German banks, with impacts even reaching US banks. In US colleges many economics students were written economic crisis essays for solving future US economic crisis. I think they did great job. Because that will helps to realizing the future US economic condition.

Edited by Phi for All
spam link removed

Yea, Try watching any one of the financial news networks for, say, an hour. The news is dominated by worries about lenders. The crisis in Europe is about Greece failing and then taking down the rest of the European banking system. If Greece failed in isolation it would be much less of a concern; the austerity the Greeks need would them be forced upon them. the worry is about taking outFrench and German banks, with impacts even reaching US banks. In US colleges many economics students were written economic crisis essays for solving future US economic crisis. I think they did great job. Because that will helps to realizing the future US economic condition.

I find it droll how we all turn to the economic experts for advice when it is the economic experts who have created the problem that we face.

I also think it droll that we would be worried about the lenders when statistics show the spread between rich and poor widening.

Regards

DL

I would concur with the OP, that there is no real economic crisis. It's more a case that the current financial/monetary system has demonstratively reached it's inevitable end.

Actual wealth hasn't decreased significantly. There is still approximately the same amount of crops to be harvested, minerals to be dug from the ground, services offered and workforce to employ as there was a few years ago. It's just that nowadays, a bunch of numbers on various computer screens means the actual wealth is transferred, usually from the many to the few.

I would concur with the OP, that there is no real economic crisis. It's more a case that the current financial/monetary system has demonstratively reached it's inevitable end.

Actual wealth hasn't decreased significantly. There is still approximately the same amount of crops to be harvested, minerals to be dug from the ground, services offered and workforce to employ as there was a few years ago. It's just that nowadays, a bunch of numbers on various computer screens means the actual wealth is transferred, usually from the many to the few.

And those transfers will continue till we get our reproduction unders some kind of control.

It may be that that one condition will make or break our system.

We do not necessarily need to shrink the population. Only stabilize it.

Well put BTW.

Regards

DL

!

Moderator Note

edwardreed, your spam link to an essay site has been removed. Your sockpuppet account, iragreen037, which you used to promote your link, agree with yourself and give yourself reputation with, has been banned. As these are rules violations, your warning level has been increased. I'll also use this opportunity to note that some of your other posts violate our plagiarism rules. Please cite the source when you copy/paste the words of others into your posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an economic crisis or not? I suppose it depends on what resources any individual has. What may be a recession to you may be a depression to me. Knowledge and or sweat based financial gain seems to have been removed from the equation between the haves and the have not’s in our current economy. It seems that the ability to manipulate the system has brought most of the recent wealth to those that seem to have no conscious.

The housing market is an example of one of the latest manipulations that produced extreme wealth to few and devastation to many. To date no legal action has been brought on to the manipulators that caused the fiasco. We as a society have placed unrealistic value on precious metals such as gold, silver, and platinum.

The profiteers have cornered the market on these commodities. I wouldn’t begrudge an honest man for his wealth or fame of his own design. But the manipulation for personal wealth on the backs of the multitude’s has crossed the line of basic decency. There seems to be no limit in our society to how a person makes his fortune. There is the question of whether the U.S. government is in financial trouble or not. Fiscal irresponsibility has caused the current financial situation in Washington. I know there are any number of issues that could give rise to the situation, but in the end its how you use your resources. Fiscal irresponsibility is why Greece is in the shape it’s in as well. I propose that our society proclaim that sandstone be the new precious commodity that all financial institution use as the standard for bank notes.