riddles

Hey I've got one; it might seem easy though..

Imagine there was a duck stuck in a transparent box, The box has no opening everything is closed from each side, how are you able to take the duck out of the box..? I dare someone here figures out the answer!

btw I'm new here! and this is my first post

Welcome to SFN!

Is it {answer ahead, highlight to see}you have to enter the 5th dimension and take It out ana or keta wise?

I seriously doubt it though.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cody: There is more to it really. The persons were on a boat or so and had no food, they were originally 4. The other two (mostlikely) one day said the 4th person had fallenoverboard and served the personwho killed himself once the meat of the 4th person. They claimed this was catfish. When theperson tried it and realized it was not catfish, he killed him/herself. Let's assume it was his/hers spouse x

The answer paranoia to thechief who let the man go is correctas a person said: You will kill me slowly. It coulf also have been :I will die slowly . Why? If the person will dieslowly andclaims so, he is speaking truth ifhedies slowly but that was only if he was lying, so he must be telling truth, however, then he would die quickly andsoislying. Russell's paradox.Sorry abt broken spacebar. anti enemy: Iwould takeapictureoftheduckandscan it in my materiareplicator.com

Imagine there was a duck stuck in a transparent box, The box has no opening everything is closed from each side, how are you able to take the duck out of the box..? :cool: I dare someone here figures out the answer!

btw :embarass: I'm new here! and this is my first post :rolleyes:

Imagine it outside the box?

Imagine there was a duck stuck in a transparent box, The box has no opening everything is closed from each side, how are you able to take the duck out of the box..? :cool: I dare someone here figures out the answer!

btw :embarass: I'm new here! and this is my first post :rolleyes:

Umm... you might just open the box? Lift the lid? Use the key?

Alternatively, some heavy tools might help to open the box? I mean, it's just a box - how difficult can it be? :D

I would break out my gas-powered box de-ducker, let it do its thing.

Alternatively, I could just wait for it to suffocate. Then there is no longer a duck in the box, just a decomposing duck corpse.

• 2 weeks later...
if a man is holding a bee in his hands then what does he have?

Hmmm I'm assuming this riddle somehow corresponds to the common greeting that is a "high five".

Perhaps some wordplay with "Bee Hive"?

A...High Hive? High flying five? Bive? Bee five?

Could you give a hint?

Well, at a minimum: hands, a bee in them, a Y chromosome.

That is if you are taking the word "have" with confidence...

Does the man really "have" anything?

If a man were holding a bee in his hand...I'd say he'd have a pretty sore hand.

So by supposition, "holding" a bee in your hand, isn't even possible for long. Unless you are able to take the painful sting.

Another thing, what type of bee is this? Is it very aggressive, queen bee? What kind?

We don't know that the bee is agitated or prone to stinging, whether there are gloves involved, etc. The premise of the question states merely that he is holding a bee in his hands. Also, the use of "his hands" presupposes that it is possible to "have" something, if not necessarily in the sense of property.

We don't know that the bee is agitated or prone to stinging, whether there are gloves involved, etc. The premise of the question states merely that he is holding a bee in his hands. Also, the use of "his hands" presupposes that it is possible to "have" something, if not necessarily in the sense of property.

That is true. This seems to be a riddle in which many answers are correct...unless more detail is given. There are too many possibilities.

ok i've got one, You've probably all heard it before, but anyway:

A man is walking in the desert, he is captured by some local tribesmen. They take him to their king.

The king says to the man: "you have a chance to say one sentence, it has to be true or false. If you say a true sentence I will kill you quickly,If you say a false sentence, I will kill you slowly."

The man says one sentence, and the cheif has to let him go.

Now I've heard many plausible answers to this riddle, all correct, and because of that I'm only going to accept the one I'm thinking of HEHEHE :D

have fun with that one if you dont already know it!!!

he says "I will die a slow a death."

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
if a man is holding a bee in his hands then what does he have?

If it takes both hands, and they are open, it would have to be a big bee.

So they are probably closed.

A squished bee?

A grasp of beeing?

A sticky situation?

A trapped bee?

An angry hive after him?

A buzz?

A painful experience?

A scream coming from his mouth?

An appreciation of the saying "its not nice to fool with mother nature"?

Some trouble?

No sense?

I don't know. What?

Regards, TAR

Edited by tar
About half a second?

• 2 weeks later...

mm not sure about the bee one but what about this one

I turn polar bears white

and I will make you cry.

I make guys have to pee

and girls comb their hair.

I make celebrities look stupid

and normal people look like celebrities.

I turn pancakes brown

and make your champagne bubble.

If you squeeze me, I'll pop.

If you look at me, you'll pop.

95% of Harvard students cannot figure this out while almost all kindergartners get it right in less than 6 minutes.

Can you guess the riddle?

• 8 months later...

three guys are serving a life sentence in jail, one of them is blind. a gaurd comes in with 3 red hats and 2 white hats. he tells them that he is going to put one hat on each of their heads, they each get to see the color of the other two prisoners's hats, but not their own, except the blind dude, who is SOL. he tells each of them that if they can guess the color of the hat on their head he will let them go free, if they guess wrong they die, if they say nothing they stay and serve their sentence.

The first dude guesses, gets it wrong and dies.

The second guy also guesses, also gets it wrong, and dies.

The third guy (the blind one) guesses the color of his hat and goes free.

what was the color of the blind mans hat and how did he know?

The hat was red...he was touch sensative

• 1 month later...

This is a little alteration on the many different versions of the hat puzzles.

Ten men have been falsely imprisoned. The ten men are in a room lined up in a straight line so the first man is looking at a wall, the second man is looking at the first man's head, the third man is looking at the second and first mans' heads, and so one. The ten men are told that in one hour the guard will place either a white or a black hat on each of the people's heads. The distribution of the hats is completely random. The guard will then ask each man what color his hat is. If the man answers correctly he will be sent free. If the man answers incorrectly he will be shot on site. The guard will begin by asking the tenth person, the person who is farthest from the wall, which hat he has. Develop a strategy that is guaranteed to save the most number of the innocent men.

A few things to keep in mind:

- A man cannot see his own hat. He can only see the hats of those in front of him, and in the case of the first man he can only see the wall.

- The men can only answer "white" or "black".

- The men cannot change the inflection of tone of their answer to convey extra information

Edited by DJBruce

This is a little alteration on the many different versions of the hat puzzles.

Ten men have been falsely imprisoned. The ten men are in a room lined up in a straight line so the first man is looking at a wall, the second man is looking at the first man's head, the third man is looking at the second and first mans' heads, and so one. The ten men are told that in one hour the guard will place either a white or a black hat on each of the people's heads. The distribution of the hats is completely random. The guard will then ask each man what color his hat is. If the man answers correctly he will be sent free. If the man answers incorrectly he will be shot on site. The guard will begin by asking the tenth person, the person who is farthest from the wall, which hat he has. Develop a strategy that is guaranteed to save the most number of the innocent men.

A few things to keep in mind:

- A man cannot see his own hat. He can only see the hats of those in front of him, and in the case of the first man he can only see the wall.

- The men can only answer "white" or "black".

- The men cannot change the inflection of tone of their answer to convey extra information

Well, could save a guaranteed 1/2 and an expected 3/4, by having every other person guess the color of the hat ahead of them.

Well, could save a guaranteed 1/2 and an expected 3/4, by having every other person guess the color of the hat ahead of them.

Yes you could use that method and be gaurenteed to save 1/2, however, there is another method that will gaurentee you to save many more of the men.