riddles

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
ok i've got one' date=' You've probably all heard it before, but anyway:

A man is walking in the desert, he is captured by some local tribesmen. They take him to their king.

The king says to the man: "you have a chance to say one sentence, it has to be true or false. If you say a true sentence I will kill you quickly,If you say a false sentence, I will kill you slowly."

The man says one sentence, and the cheif has to let him go.

Now I've heard many plausible answers to this riddle, all correct, and because of that I'm only going to accept the one I'm thinking of HEHEHE :D

have fun with that one if you dont already know it!!![/quote']

The man says, "You will either let me go or kill me slowly."

Assume the statement is false. The king, to keep his word, must kill the man slowly. But if he does, then the statement is true. Faced with paradox or dishonor, the king must accept that the statement is true.

Because the statement is true, the king must kill the man quickly. But if he does so, then the statement becomes false.

The only way the statement can be true or false is for the king to set the man free.

An Arab sheik tells his two sons to race their camels to a distant city to see who will inherit his fortune. The one whose camel is slower will win. The brothers, after wandering aimlessly for days, ask a wise man for advice. After hearing the advice they jump on the camels and race as fast as they can to the city. What does the wise man say?

A young man tried to elope with a princess, but the king found out and offered him a sporting chance. The king would put two slips of paper in a box, one marked 'DEATH', the other marked 'PRINCESS.' To decide his fate, the young man was to be blindfolded and choose one paper. The young man was told the king would mark both papers 'DEATH' by a friend and he couldn't accuse the king of cheating, but he managed to win the princess despite this. HOW did he do it?

A young man tried to elope with a princess, but the king found out and offered him a sporting chance. The king would put two slips of paper in a box, one marked 'DEATH', the other marked 'PRINCESS.' To decide his fate, the young man was to be blindfolded and choose one paper. The young man was told the king would mark both papers 'DEATH' by a friend and he couldn't accuse the king of cheating, but he managed to win the princess despite this. HOW did he do it?

took one out and tore it up, then the king had to show the other one, which of course says "death" so everyone assumes the young man had one that said "princess".

An Arab sheik tells his two sons to race their camels to a distant city to see who will inherit his fortune. The one whose camel is slower will win. The brothers, after wandering aimlessly for days, ask a wise man for advice. After hearing the advice they jump on the camels and race as fast as they can to the city. What does the wise man say?

Sooooo easy!. The answer is : "Swap camels"

Sooooo easy!. The answer is : "Swap camels"

Yup but I came up with this one too.

If the wiseman had said "Kill your camels, then the one whose camel dies first will win." Then they don't even have to go to the distant city, just head back home, without the loser murdering the victor of course. ;)

Whats wrong with this paradox:

An arrow in flight is really at rest. For at every point in its flight, the arrow must occupy a length of space exactly equal to its own length. After all, it cannot occupy a greater length, nor a lesser one. But the arrow cannot move within this length it occupies. It would need extra space in which to move, and it of course has none. So at every point in its flight, the arrow is at rest. And if it is at rest at every moment in its flight, then it follows that it is at rest during the entire flight.

An arrow in flight is really at rest. For at every point in its flight' date=' the arrow must occupy a length of space exactly equal to its own length. After all, it cannot occupy a greater length, nor a lesser one. But the arrow cannot move within this length it occupies. It would need extra space in which to move, and it of course has none. So at every point in its flight, the arrow is at rest. And if it is at rest at every moment in its flight, then it follows that it is at rest during the entire flight.[/quote']

For that to be true it would have to be everything else in the universe moving while the arrow remained stationary.

An arrow in flight is really at rest. For at every point in its flight' date=' the arrow must occupy a length of space exactly equal to its own length. After all, it cannot occupy a greater length, nor a lesser one. [u']But the arrow cannot move within this length it occupies. It would need extra space in which to move, and it of course has none.[/u] So at every point in its flight, the arrow is at rest. And if it is at rest at every moment in its flight, then it follows that it is at rest during the entire flight.

the underlined selection is complete trash.

A man is in a room made of 1 metre+ thick reinforced concrete, there`s no windows or doors, he`s got a torch so he can see ok.

in the room with him is a Table and Saw.

How does he get out?

he uses the torch to see, then he cuts the table in half, puts the two halves together to make a whole, and climbs out the hole

10 fish I caught without an eye, 9 without a tail, 6 had no head, and half of 8 I weighed upon the scale, now who can tell me as i ask it how many fish are in my basket?

and its not like whole fish dont count, or there not in a basket, or i threw them back

like i said, youre gonna wonder why i threw out a seemingly easy one, in this case youre wrong. Think about it

well... i kinda have a hard time believing you. a "pound" is a measurement of weight, so when you tell me "this weighs a pound, and this weighs a pound," and then you ask which one weighs more... neither, they both weigh a pound.