riddles

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering, what's the point in posting riddles to a group of really clever people with superbrains like ourselves?? (Let's not be modest - a spade is a spade. ;) )

because it`s Fun! and you KNOW you like it really! :))

Since YT2095's opened the door to pretty silly riddles I'm going to put one even dafter to you..

One of my fellow patients at this fine asylum I currently reside at told me how he came to be in the neighbouring cell to me.

"

I used to be a foreman on various types of construction sites, there was this one stupid idiotic guy who worked for me, everything I told him to do he did it wrong, no matter how clearly I explained the simplest of jobs he screwed them up.

So finally I gave him one simple task to do but he even messed that up.

I'd told him to dig a hole 1 foot square, 2 feet deep and to dispose of the dirt from the hole once he'd dug it, what could be simpler??

When I returned the hole was there 1 foot square and 2 feet deep but there was still a pile of dirt close by the hole!!

By this time I was close to being finally driven insane by this guy so I asked him why the hole was there but the dirt from it hadn't been cleared away. So when he gave me his answer I just lost the plot completely and they carted me off to this funny farm we're in now.

"

What did the stupid idiotic hole digger say that finally drove this foreman into the padded cell next to mine??

heres one:

When was the last date before October 2, 2001 that is also a palindrome?

Or:

Of three men, one man always tells the truth, one always tells lies, and one answers yes or no randomly. Each man knows which man is who. You may ask three yes/no question to determine who is who. If you ask the same question to more than one person you must count it as question used for each person whom you ask. What three questions should you ask?

There's an old clock tower with an automated bell that chimes according to the time. e.g. at 4 oclock it will chime 4 times.

At 6 o'clock' date=' it chimes 6 times, starting 30 seconds before 6 o'clock, the last chime happens at 6 o'clock. When will the bell start chiming for 12 o'clock?

[/quote']

11:58:54

bah, maybe i should try reading all the posts...

lots happened since last night : P

heres one:

When was the last date before October 2' date=' 2001 that is also a palindrome?

Or:

Of three men, one man always tells the truth, one always tells lies, and one answers yes or no randomly. Each man knows which man is who. You may ask three yes/no question to determine who is who. If you ask the same question to more than one person you must count it as question used for each person whom you ask. What three questions should you ask?[/quote']

Why is 2/10/2001 a palindrome?? Or is it that American thing 10/02/2001..

I'd guess at 30/11/1103.

as for the 3 men, I give up...

Since YT2095's opened the door to pretty silly riddles I'm going to put one even dafter to you..

One of my fellow patients at this fine asylum I currently reside at told me how he came to be in the neighbouring cell to me.

"

I used to be a foreman on various types of construction sites' date=' there was this one stupid idiotic guy who worked for me, everything I told him to do he did it wrong, no matter how clearly I explained the simplest of jobs he screwed them up.

So finally I gave him one simple task to do but he even messed that up.

I'd told him to dig a hole 1 foot square, 2 feet deep and to dispose of the dirt from the hole once he'd dug it, what could be simpler??

When I returned the hole was there 1 foot square and 2 feet deep but there was still a pile of dirt close by the hole!! By this time I was close to being finally driven insane by this guy so I asked him why the hole was there but the dirt from it hadn't been cleared away. So when he gave me his answer I just lost the plot completely and they carted me off to this funny farm we're in now.

"

What did the stupid idiotic hole digger say that finally drove this foreman into the padded cell next to mine??[/quote'] I burried it.

Here's a few:

The name Jason is on every calendar. Why is this?

A psychologist goes to a small village in Africa and decides to perform a scientific study comparing foot size to intelligence. He makes the discovery that in general, as foot size increases, so does intelligence. How can this be?

Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfather leg a battalion against a German division during World War I. Through brilliant manoeuvres he defeated them and captured valuable territory. After the battle he was presented with a sword bearing the inscription "To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring and Leadership. World War I. From the Men of Battalion 8.Captain Frank looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect anyone to believe that, do you?"

What's wrong with the story?

<Bruce Campbell>

"This....is my BOOM STICK!!"

</Bruce Campbell>

Army of darkess (evil dead 3) listen up you primative screw heads, if such another one of you so much as touch me, arrrr boom and the zombie falls back in the well.

I never forget something I see, lol.

ok... either i misunderstood or its written wrong or something...

if he answers false he kills him quickly' date=' if he answers true he kills him slowly right? or vice versa? either way hes going to kill him so "you are going to kill me" and "you cant kill me, im unkillable" arent paradoxes(parawhatses? hows the plural go?), its true, the guy is going to kill him. if the riddle were that he dies for a false statement and lives for a true one it would make sense. im gonna go reread the riddle now, sorry if i misunderstood.[/quote']

I always lye, :)

there is a barrel with no lid and some wine in it.

one person thinks the barrel is more than half full' date=' the other says it's less than half full. without any measuring implements and without removing any wine from the barrel, how can they easily determine who is correct?[/quote']

put it in a bath and see where the bath water comes to,

ps if some one has already answered these then sorry, i havent read that much ofn this thread yet, :)