riddles

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha this is cracking me up. I never thought he wouldn't use the table and saw, why else would they be in the riddle? to be really mean and confuse people? actually don't answer that, I have no idea the extent of your mean-ness.

How about he chops a leg off and died and his spirit exits the room on its way to heaven?

Oh damn that answer doesn't count cause I'm atheist...

not even close' date=' no explosives anyway, at 1m+ thick he`de never get out anyway (except as a gas maybe).

no clue just yet, let some others have a go 1`st :)[/quote']

He saws the table to get sawdust.

He dismantles the torch, I'm assuming it's got two batteries in it so he powers the bulb from the torch with one battery or maybe he puts up with working in the dark.

He saws the battery in half letting the acid soak into the sawdust then slaps the acid soaked sawdust against the wall.

Then he sits in the corner and eventually dies through lack of oxygen because it's going to take 500 billion years for that weak battery acid to cut through that 1 metre thick wall of titanium.

Saw the table in half, use the two halves to make a whole ;) and crawl through the (w)hole.

Here's a few:

An ice cream van driver travels half a mile the wrong way down a busy one way street, he passes several police cars none of which stop him.

I know a man who married lots and LOTS of women, he never divorced nor got prosecuted for bigamy which was against his beliefs anyway.

An ice cream van driver travels half a mile the wrong way down a busy one way street, he passes several police cars none of which stop him.

He's walking.

I know a man who married lots and LOTS of women, he never divorced nor got prosecuted for bigamy which was against his beliefs anyway.

He's a priest of some sort. He married couples together.

Saw the table in half' date=' use the two halves to make a whole ;) and crawl through the (w)hole.

Here's a few:

I know a man who married lots and LOTS of women, he never divorced nor got prosecuted for bigamy which was against his beliefs anyway.[/quote']

Correct :)

1: he was walking

2: he`s a preist :)

nice try madscientist but you can't change the question to suit your answer' date=' it's the other way around :P

The 6 o'clock bells start chiming at 5:59:30, and your answer is wrong :)[/quote']

How can the 6 o'clock bell make its first chime at 5:59:30??

Its last chime would ring out at 5:59:55 which would be 5 seconds early.

HAH!!

There are 6 second intervals between each chime and not 5 second intervals!!

11:58:54

That was a great riddle!! Must've been cos it prompted me to do a bit of programming, hopefully there's an attached file to this post TimeRiddle.zip

I just hope my programming's correct. ;)

TimeRiddle.zip

very good madscientist! You're the first person I've told who has got it right. I'm on a mac at the moment and don't know how to open your file, so when I'm back on my PC I'll have a look :-D

It's pretty easy once you realise 5:59:30 leaves the final chime at 5:59:55 instead of 6:00:00. And I couldn't figure out why you didn't mention when the chimes for 4 o'clock started either, you must've left that out for a reason. ;)

As for the attached program, it just shows the chiming patterns for the different times like this:

12 o'clock at 5 second intervals :=

Chime number 12 at 12:00:00

Chime number 11 at 11:59:55

Chime number 10 at 11:59:50

Chime number 9 at 11:59:45

Chime number 8 at 11:59:40

Chime number 7 at 11:59:35

Chime number 6 at 11:59:30

Chime number 5 at 11:59:25

Chime number 4 at 11:59:20

Chime number 3 at 11:59:15

Chime number 2 at 11:59:10

Chime number 1 at 11:59:05

12 o'clock at 6 second intervals :=

Chime number 12 at 12:00:00

Chime number 11 at 11:59:54

Chime number 10 at 11:59:48

Chime number 9 at 11:59:42

Chime number 8 at 11:59:36

Chime number 7 at 11:59:30

Chime number 6 at 11:59:24

Chime number 5 at 11:59:18

Chime number 4 at 11:59:12

Chime number 3 at 11:59:06

Chime number 2 at 11:59:00

Chime number 1 at 11:58:54

With similar outputs for 6 o'clock to verify things.

I think it burned up all my brain cells for the day, so I'd better head back to my nice cosy padded cell. ;)

haha yeah i thought it was strange you were saying something that contradicted your data :D

Yeah it's a good one. I think the 1m thick walls one is the worst riddle I've ever heard, I can't believe I racked my brain searching for a literal answer.

You're a mean, mean man YT2095

haha yeah i thought it was strange you were saying something that contradicted your data :D

Yeah it's a good one. I think the 1m thick walls one is the worst riddle I've ever heard' date=' I can't believe I racked my brain searching for a literal answer.

You're a mean, mean man YT2095[/quote']

Perhaps we could seal the swine up in a room with 1 metre thick concrete walls, floor and ceiling with no doors or windows. We'll be generous though YT, we'll leave you a torch and a table and saw so you can get out by crawling through the bloody whole. :P

Here's a few more easy ones...

What is lengthened by being cut at both ends?

What always remains down even when it flies up in the air?

What is it that is put on the table, cut, and passed, but never eaten?

A man needs to get to hospital really quickly because of his injuries, he's no phone and no transport other than his trusty horse. So on Wedsnesday he rides to hospital where they patch him up, it takes two days though but once he's recovered he rides back home on Wedsnesday again.

And he's not a time traveller. ;)

What is it that is put on the table, cut, and passed, but never eaten?

Cards.

A man needs to get to hospital really quickly because of his injuries, he's no phone and no transport other than his trusty horse. So on Wedsnesday he rides to hospital where they patch him up, it takes two days though but once he's recovered he rides back home on Wedsnesday again.

And he's not a time traveller. ;)

Wednesday is the name of the horse.