Which foods alter blood pH ?

I googled your questions, one by one, and found lots of info on them.

I am always confused. The ph in the stomach- after swallowed is different from that in the blood. Alternative health things talk about different effects.

Orange juice always makes me throw up on an empty stomach. Too much acid in my stomach?

Hello all.

What foods make human blood pH to raise its alcalinity?

What foods make human blood pH to decrease into acidity ?

What human body organ fights pH changes to keep the blood at its optimal pH ?

Hi. For this particular topic, and it's rare for me to say this, it's better that you *don't* google and attempt to navigate on your own. Problem being that this is an area of rabid pseudoscience, and if you have no background, you'll be unable to distinguish between sites that are making up information to sell you on a health scam, and sites that are telling you the truth.

So here's the skinny: No foods change the pH of the blood. The blood is a buffer system. What's a buffer system? A buffer system, by definition, resists change in pH.

In other words, "alkalinizing diets" don't truly exist, and we should all take a moment to be grateful of this, because if it were that easy to alter, everyone following these diets would be dead. Shifts outside of the buffer region do happen, but you die very rapidly thereafter, if it doesn't correct itself.

Your blood would pH at about 7.38, but 7.35-7.45 is still ok. Your kidneys are the major controllers of this action, but your lungs play a direct role, too, and, in fact, should anything push your blood past the buffered region, your lungs will be the first responders. Your kidneys do it by directly changing the ion concentration in the blood, as they're filtering it. They're fast, but not instantaneous, so kidney-induced changes take a while to accumulate. On the other hand, your lungs do it by expressing more CO2, or taking in more oxygen, as the situation warrants.

Hopefully, you'll never witness this in your life, but diabetics are prone to acidosis for several reasons, one being the effect of diabetes on the kidneys, and if you do see it, you'll be able to spot it forever after that by the type of breathing they're doing. It's very odd, and not a conscious decision.

Hi. For this particular topic, and it's rare for me to say this, it's better that you *don't* google and attempt to navigate on your own. Problem being that this is an area of rabid pseudoscience, and if you have no background, you'll be unable to distinguish between sites that are making up information to sell you on a health scam, and sites that are telling you the truth.

So here's the skinny: No foods change the pH of the blood. The blood is a buffer system. What's a buffer system? A buffer system, by definition, resists change in pH.

In other words, "alkalinizing diets" don't truly exist, and we should all take a moment to be grateful of this, because if it were that easy to alter, everyone following these diets would be dead. Shifts outside of the buffer region do happen, but you die very rapidly thereafter, if it doesn't correct itself.

Your blood would pH at about 7.38, but 7.35-7.45 is still ok. Your kidneys are the major controllers of this action, but your lungs play a direct role, too, and, in fact, should anything push your blood past the buffered region, your lungs will be the first responders. Your kidneys do it by directly changing the ion concentration in the blood, as they're filtering it. They're fast, but not instantaneous, so kidney-induced changes take a while to accumulate. On the other hand, your lungs do it by expressing more CO2, or taking in more oxygen, as the situation warrants.

Hopefully, you'll never witness this in your life, but diabetics are prone to acidosis for several reasons, one being the effect of diabetes on the kidneys, and if you do see it, you'll be able to spot it forever after that by the type of breathing they're doing. It's very odd, and not a conscious decision.

Thank you so much. I never got into it and it had the feel of a bunch of bunk.

Slightly related, I have elevated CO2 and a condition that tends to go that way and with low (usually 3.5 potassium). I just bought potassium. I dread the idea it would get so bad I'd need IV potassium. Your explanation does let me consider why that is truly dicey. I am using low dose potassium as it is a few weeks before the next MD visit.