Chromosome

yaracuyKirkhoff

All chromosomes are present in all cells of the body. So the skin cells have the same chromosomes as the nerve cells. The expression of genes (to produce proteins) varies among cells. Comparing nerve cells and skin cells, if a part of one chromosome is expressed in skin cells, it may not be expressed in nerve cells but I think all chromosomes are required for every cell. We cannot pin-point a particular chromosome for a particular organ or system.

All chromosomes are present in all cells of the body. So the skin cells have the same chromosomes as the nerve cells. The expression of genes (to produce proteins) varies among cells. Comparing nerve cells and skin cells, if a part of one chromosome is expressed in skin cells, it may not be expressed in nerve cells but I think all chromosomes are required for every cell. We cannot pin-point a particular chromosome for a particular organ or system.

I like you answer, Now sense we have all chromosome in the cell would I expect a specific chromosome will express itself to ton a neurons ? And on that chromosome will be the genomes to produce the necessary proteins for the functioning of the cell?

I ask that because each cell of a particular organ is a world of its own and it contribute to that particular organ .

There are 23 sets of chromosome among them, is there a chromosome that is more involved with neurons in the brain functioning ?

Is there a chromosome among the 23 sets that is involved more with the nervous system ?

Not really. There isn't a clear winner yet, and I doubt there will be, given that, first and foremost, you need to keep in mind that neurons are cells, and will require all the standard equipment that cells have. Their production, therefore, requires most of the genome. Additionally, the brain is affected by almost all of the endocrine system, and those components are all over the body, and aren't directly connected to the CNS or PNS in any way. It's a tough thing to separate out.

The genes that are unique to neurons are all over the genome, also. The best you can talk about is within fetal development, but that's almost cheating. If it's helpful, I can tell you that chromosome one is implicated in a lot of neural tube defects and brain/spine cancers. That's something that's created very early in development, so its effects are a little broader.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a question

since we have 46 kromosoms , 23 pairs of 2 euqual kromosom just 1 from the father and 1 from the mother- could it be posible to live with just 23 kromosom , for instance just the faters genes

When an organism has just one set of genes, it's called a haploid organism. If it's unicellular and haploid, it's called a "gamete". If it's multicellular and haploid, it's often called a "gametophyte".

Humans do have a gamete life cycle phase -- sperm and eggs are gametes -- but these don't grow into multicellular organisms until they've fused via fertilization to become diploid. We also know that most monosomies (when one chromosome from a pair is not present) are lethal, with the exception of Turner Syndrome. So the answer to your question is no, a multicelllular human could likely not survive as a haploid.

That being said, there are lots of other organisms that can grow into multicellular haploid organisms. Male ants are haploid (they have just their mother's genes). There are other organisms that grow into gametophytes, such as algae, fungi and some plants.