Exponent Question ?

The route to a solution can have many paths . Some take one step where others take three . Some explain one step where others explain three . When you put a calculated value for x into the equation do you get an answer of 6 ?

It is possible to make a mistake and another mistake which then corrects it and you don't know of either . When you manipulate the original equation you will get different equations . Put the final value of x that you calculated at the very end into each of these equations to see if the left hand side equals the right hand side all the way from start to finish .

x is not equal to ln(2/10)

I think you have dropped a negative sign somewhere along the way .

You may also be getting the natural log of 10 % of what you should be getting the natural log of .

Edited by Hal.

ok, i got: x = ln(2/10)...

but my answer doesn't give me 6 when subbed back into the equation.

Then your answer is wrong.

i got: x = ln(2/10)...

Show your entire equation. There's no use in speculating about an equation with "..." in it.

Edited by ewmon

1123581321 - you are not really gonna learn unless you put down your method. the comments from forum members are all correct as far as I can see, but they cannot really help till you are more explicit. maths just doesn't work in leaps - it works in small repeatable and easily understood steps; I would do your equation in 5 steps, even though I know what the answer would be in 1 step.