The STRANGEST THING ive witness, can u explain?

q4agl

im 20 and dont believe in stupid Gods from early this year, but this is so strange:

well, it was 3 years back i think, Henry Hinn (younger bro of Benny Hinn,the famous preacher,healer) was hving crusade in our city, on football field(not stadium), after his prayer, he proclaim miracle healings, the strange one among those is: on the opp side to the podium he was standing was a 5story building, where people are wacthing from the top 2 veranda, He said (i dont remem exact) pointing towards that veranda, ''The girl with Cancer raise up your hand, your healed'', than 1 girl around 35 (on top floor veranda) raise her hand. WTF is that?

Edited by q4agl

im 20 and dont believe in stupid Gods from early this year, but this is so strange:

well, it was 3 years back i think, Henry Hinn (younger bro of Benny Hinn,the famous preacher,healer) was hving crusade in our city, on football field(not stadium), after his prayer, he proclaim miracle healings, the strange one among those is: on the opp side to the podium he was standing was a 5story building, where people are wacthing from the top 2 veranda, He said (i dont remem exact) pointing towards that veranda, ''The girl with Cancer raise up your hand, your healed'', than 1 girl around 35 (on top floor veranda) raise her hand. WTF is that?

It means nothing...it was definitely staged and pre-arranged...those people are frauds that try to capitalise on the hopes and fears of the naive and vulnerable. Forget it...you will find no answers with charlatans like that.

good ans, that what i tot of too, but jst posting hoping sum1 might share real experice strange thing to ponder on, and my vocabulary jst grew, havnt heard of charlatan before ;]

Edited by q4agl

good ans, that what i tot of too, but jst posting hoping sum1 might share real experice strange thing to ponder on, and my vocabulary jst grew, havnt heard of charlatan before ;]

Stick around here and you'll soon be walking around with a concise version of the Oxford English Dictionary in your head...I learn at least one new word everyday here that I have to look up. ;)

With stage magicians it is called a "Plant". That is someone who will pretend to be one of the crowd so as to make the audience think they are not in on the trick. There is also a technique where a member of the audience will willingly become a plant as needed without prior set-up in what is called a "Willing Stooge".

As a hobby magician, I have used this many times. The difference between me and them is that my audience knows that I am performing a trick to try and fool them. It makes what I do moral (and actually much more difficult as my audience is looking for any slip up and that audience will ignore any minor slip ups).

This is why I believe that everybody should learn about magic tricks. It acts as a shield against those that try and use them for immoral uses, and also give you an understanding of how skilled a really good magician really is.

There are many explanations for this that do not involve the supernatural.

He could have been using a similar technique to the one that Peter Popoff was exposed as using by James Randi - basically having an earpiece with a person on the other end giving information about audience members.

Or he could have obtained some information about some of the things audience members were expecting to have healed, and where in the arena they would be sitting (if the tickets were given out with specific seats on them).

Or it could have been a setup.

Or he could have made a wild guess and got lucky.

Whatever happened it wasn't a miracle, and the poor lady was not cured of cancer. Faith "healers" disgust me, making money off people's desires to be cured of their ailments. I'd have him thrown in jail if I had any authority...

Edited by Laurens

• 4 weeks later...