Anti-semitism in Churches

Mr Rayon

Hi,

I am wondering whether anybody has ever experienced/seen anti-semitism in churches.

In your opinion, does it still exist?

All, do you think it will ever go away?

My experience with small baptists churches in the south, most have probably never met a Jew in real life, that they know of. In fact, most have probably never talked to anyone of a different faith from Christianity for more than a couple of minutes. Their idea of a different religion is Methodist or Presbyterian or the "other" Baptist church across the mountain. Catholics are a little better than Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses, but they aren't real Christians. I'm sure they would be fine with Jews, as long as they accept Christ as their savior. LOL

Hi,

I am wondering whether anybody has ever experienced/seen anti-semitism in churches.

If by "anti-semitism" you mean wanting to get rid of them, and if by "in churches" you mean a widespread attitude among the members of the community, then no, I've never seen it. I'm Catholic, but at various times in my life I've been extensively exposed to Methodist, Southern Baptist, and Presbyterian communities (either as a member of a church or attending private school), I've been on the periphery of a number of Pentacostal communities, and I've listened to many thousands of hours of Christian radio in a number of states. The almost universal opinion is that the Jews are the apple of Gods eye, and that we should be best friends with the State of Israel; exceptions to this are extremely rare, and anything that smells of the Klan is harshly condemned as gravely incompatible with legitimate Christian thought.

In your opinion, does it still exist?

All, do you think it will ever go away?

Unfortunately, I think the answer to those questions is plain to see.

Catholics are a little better than Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses, but they aren't real Christians...

:rolleyes:

Edited by chilehed

When I was a boy, I went to church every Sunday with family, but my parents never went because my mother refused to go. I developed anger at Judaism for writing all of these tall tales and trying to pass it as fact, but I generally have a lot of respect for them in person. I can't say as much about the Geneva Convention. The world has been too polarized for a long time and sacrificing things to God is really the one thing which haunts Jews the most, I bet.

When I was a boy, I went to church every Sunday with family, but my parents never went because my mother refused to go. I developed anger at Judaism for writing all of these tall tales and trying to pass it as fact, but I generally have a lot of respect for them in person. I can't say as much about the Geneva Convention. The world has been too polarized for a long time and sacrificing things to God is really the one thing which haunts Jews the most, I bet.

You have no respect for the Geneva Convention (conventions - there are more than one) ? Why ever not? And also not sure what conventions on the treatment of victims of war has to do with anti-semitism in Churches

• 3 weeks later...