Boost Brainpower

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i could get the other dots to disappear, but the reappearing rate was not at all constant, and could be slowed with meditation. also, sometimes i couldn't recognize whether they reappeared because my eyes twitched or not.

remain about 15-20 cm from the screen and focus on the left yellow dot .
although any distance and dot should work.

oh, it's also possible that the brain switch rates could be somewhat dependant on time of day, and that they can be affectded by your career rather than chose your career.

people are known to be better at math in the morning and better at creative work in the evening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Viaggio
This is a thread to discuss potential ways to increase intelligence or brainpower. Discuss.

There are several factors which attribute to brain power, but the term "brain power" is too vague. That lump of fat is responsible for all kinds of activities (auto, semi-auto, and manual), so training those avenues probably requires variable methods. Most fundamentals have been mentioned: nutrition and exercise (physical and mental).

I assume the core concern is "which pill can I pop," right?

Most cars rely on gas to function. Nitrous is another type of fuel which makes the engine combustion more effective and powerful. However, running on nitrous alone isn't a good idea because of the stress it places on engine parts, which can shorten its lifespan. If our brain is the engine, and glucose our gas, then Adderall is nitrous.

In my experience, Adderall delivers an effortless ability to maintain focus and motivation, which are the important pillars for learning. However, Adderall alone can only power the brain for so long. It is important to have plenty of brain fuel (glucose and oxygen) as a foundation. Also, because it is a drug, there are tolerance and toxicity issues, so moderation is key.

Learning things like lating helps you with the english language, as it is based off that and French.

Learning number patterns can help, and memorizing things is usefull as well. I've memorized Pi to about 56 or 57 digits, off memory, and that helped me in memorizing other things (I also won the Pi reciting competetion at school :D) like the periodic table.

I know for that basic science, when starting out, learning a little of everything helps alot, as you can understand what some other people are saying that study in area x or y. And it helps you if you need knowledge of thing x in say, physics, which involves some basic Chemistry.

Reading lots of books helps, keeps your brain up to date, refreshed and increases knowledge.

Try to read the (news)paper everyday, it helps with politcal information (I suppose you don't have to care really :P )

Gaining friends with expertise in the area you want to study in also helps, as they can help you out.