Why should people value human life?

Peron

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, there isn't a true, real reason to value another individual's life. There are many different factors that could affect the way one would think about this subject.

Primarily, I would say the first aspect is that of the individuals morals and standards. For example, the values of another human's life differ between that of a psychopathic homicidal maniac, and that of a devout religious person who believes that all God's children are his kin. This is a difficult question to answer because like I said, there is no definite answer. It depends on perspective, morals, judgments, prejudices, beliefs, predispositions, etc.. If it helps at all, I value others' lives out of respect. It sounds strange, but I'm Agnostic (so not necessarily religious), and most definitely homicidal, but I believe that their life is equal to mine, regardless of who they are (there still remain exceptions, like child molesters, etc.). What would give me the right to steal another's life? Yes, it's possible, and quite easy for me to do so, considering how fragile humans are, but just because it's possible doesn't mean there's good reason to do it. Hope that helps.

In my opinion, there isn't a true, real reason to value another individual's life. There are many different factors that could affect the way one would think about this subject.

Primarily, I would say the first aspect is that of the individuals morals and standards. For example, the values of another human's life differ between that of a psychopathic homicidal maniac, and that of a devout religious person who believes that all God's children are his kin. This is a difficult question to answer because like I said, there is no definite answer. It depends on perspective, morals, judgments, prejudices, beliefs, predispositions, etc.. If it helps at all, I value others' lives out of respect. It sounds strange, but I'm Agnostic (so not necessarily religious), and most definitely homicidal, but I believe that their life is equal to mine, regardless of who they are (there still remain exceptions, like child molesters, etc.). What would give me the right to steal another's life? Yes, it's possible, and quite easy for me to do so, considering how fragile humans are, but just because it's possible doesn't mean there's good reason to do it. Hope that helps.

Holy crap, I'm SO SORRY for the repeat posts, I didn't mean to do that at all my bad >.<

The simple answer is that we are a social species. We are not capable of surviving alone. If you were to place a single human in the middle of nowhere (even with the knowledge of the environment around them), they would not last long. Not only that, once that person dies, there would be no more people.

So, we need other people to survive and continue the species. From that is where we get the value of others.