advice

nik01

I am living in germany am a student in system engineering. I also have other certifications like linux redhat certified engineer, microsoft server 2008 and cisco ccna and ccnp.

i wish to start a company here in germany for IT services, am stll a student but i wish to start now, before i complete school.

Plzzz i need some advice.

!

Moderator Note

Topic moved to Computer Help from Science Education. You will be more likely to receive notice regarding IT services here.

Congratulations on having the foresight to start this now. I have no doubt you will be successful if you continue to think ahead like this.

I'm not sure what the laws are in Germany regarding starting a business. In the US, I could start a sole proprietorship without even registering, as long as I paid my taxes. I would check into those laws if you haven't already.

In these economic times, many small to mid-sized companies can't afford to have full-time IT personnel on the payroll. You might want to start with those types of companies and see if they are looking for IT help on an as-needed basis. This flexibility might also fit well with your student status.

i will be happy if you could check on the laws.

I'm sorry, when I said, "I would check into those laws if you haven't already", I meant "If I were you, I would check into those laws (if you haven't already)". Lazy grammar and punctuation on my part.

I'm not comfortable with advising you on German revenue requirements. You should be able to ask an adviser at your school for some suggestions on how to proceed.

I'm not sure what the laws are in Germany regarding starting a business. In the US, I could start a sole proprietorship without even registering, as long as I paid my taxes. I would check into those laws if you haven't already.
You have to register the business with the city administration (it's usually just a matter of informing the administration, not a matter of getting a permit).

See for example http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gewerbeanmeldung (German Wikipedia).

I started a consulting business in the U.S a while back, basically just checked around with small businesses, hotels, motels and apartment complexes were my biggest customers. I would suggest starting either in a big city and just be cheaper than the big chains, or start out in a small town and be a little more expensive and just way more convenient than doing it online.

I also did some IT work for free for a few owners who reciprocated the deal by printing me off business cards and flyers for free, and another who modded my shop for me in exchange for being right next door and onhand for any repairs, these relationships can go pretty far

Edited by Dudde

If you want to open a company for IT services, starting with just your-self .. you can start up for free, and not under any laws, you just need to open a website on the internet.

If you want to make it a real company (rather than a virtual one on the internet), then you have to go under the laws of the place you start up at, and you have to start

with a Capital (A decent large amount of money) which can be used to build up and start up the company ...

.. good luck,