please help me

Dr yadav

sir,

anyone plz help me, its a chemical unknowen to me but know some properties,

it is a white powder, when a pinch of this white powder kept on cotton cloth,

add a drop of water, it reacts exothermically and emits flame it is light voilet

colour, plz name some of white powders with these properties, plzzzzz

sir,

anyone plz help me, its a chemical unknowen to me but know some properties,

it is a white powder, when a pinch of this white powder kept on cotton cloth,

add a drop of water, it reacts exothermically and emits flame it is light voilet

colour, plz name some of white powders with these properties, plzzzzz

try doing simple analyctical tests. like flame tests, nitrate, nitrites, oxides, halaides and so on... then put the peices together. this is the ony way i know how to identify an unknown chemical

Hello,

Please don't go around lighting random unknown chemicals on fire unless your lab demonstrator and/or your professor tells you to do so. The analytical tests in the unknowns lad at your UNI or high school are carefully designed by your prof, attempting to identify unknown compounds outside of a lab setting could be potentially dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

If you'd like an answer to your question then you can simply type your observations into google and that should provide you with the desired answer. If - after you've found the answer to this question you'd like some more info - or an explanation or why certain things occur or do not occur - please post again and I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck with your studies..

Cheers :)

it is a chemical powder having these properties

Where did the powder come from?

sir this is not for any distructive purpous, it is for my alchemical experiment, if u know some of these type of qualities then plz explain me

In case you are going this information to acquire more of this substance, coupled with your writing style, it would be a good idea for your own health and direct environment NOT to tell you the substance's name.

plz dont go on my writing style

it is a chemical powder having these properties

sir this is not for any distructive purpous, it is for my alchemical experiment, if u know some of these type of qualities then plz explain me

thank you sir

Hello,

Please don't go around lighting random unknown chemicals on fire unless your lab demonstrator and/or your professor tells you to do so. The analytical tests in the unknowns lad at your UNI or high school are carefully designed by your prof, attempting to identify unknown compounds outside of a lab setting could be potentially dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

If you'd like an answer to your question then you can simply type your observations into google and that should provide you with the desired answer. If - after you've found the answer to this question you'd like some more info - or an explanation or why certain things occur or do not occur - please post again and I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck with your studies..

Cheers :)

In that case, I'd like to quote the forum rules instead:

Grammar and Punctuation

Please try to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation when you post. It is much easier to understand a post when it is not full of run-on sentences and such. Sure, this may add a few seconds to the time it takes to post, but are you in that much of a hurry?

What is your alchemic experiment about?

Edited by Fuzzwood

Grammar and Punctuation

Please try to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation when you post. It is much easier to understand a post when it is not full of run-on sentences and such. Sure, this may add a few seconds to the time it takes to post, but are you in that much of a hurry?

I believe this person is bilingual. As english is not my first language I do sympathize, but I am still concerned about the skill level of the OP as I am always reluctant to give anything but theoretical advice to people with limited training in chemistry. Even the most basic acid/base experiment can result in injuries if the person is not properly trained.

Perhaps it would be easiest if the OP would post the procedure he/she is quoting or whatever reference he/she is using instead of explaining it in his/her own words, that way we can more easily overcome the language barrier...

Cheers

for transmutation of metals

Grammar and Punctuation