What is your justification for believing in a God?

Realitycheck

No sickness, no pain, no death, no work, food taken care of, perfect temperature, no rain, animals lived in harmony with one another and humans... What wasn't perfect?

OK assuming that the Bible says that,

without sickness & pain, would we attach too much to our physical existence? we would be in a constant state of euphoria.... and when death arrives, like a drunkard afraid to give up his booze, we would miss our body, the one we are GUARANTEED to lose with death.

without work, without the struggle for food, would we have ANY self-worth? or would we be a useless piece of furniture decorating god's living room.

without death, we would be confined to the limits of our universe, only capable of understanding time, space and physical existence... only capable of comprehending what we can see around us.

I don't see anything perfect about that situation... the ability to refine ourselves is a gift, to perfect our flaws. not to merely exist as a subordinate creation.

and on top of that, I love the rain =)

Edited by Appolinaria

I've read Genesis and it doesn't say that. If you're going to try and argue legitimately, you should really stick to the facts. Dreaming up stories about dreamt up stories hardly helps your cause.

I mean, really, why lie? What a complete, absolute bizarro distortion of reality.

In other words, I never read that part where Adam and Eve would have been spoonfed and catered for for their entire lives had they not fallen (by imaginary servants who didn't exist yet, or was the food supposed to have been delivered by Q?).

Isn't that a bit self serving, god told me god was real so i know god is real because god told me he was real?

Of course it's self serving .. everything is to serve God, for his purposes, according to his plan. Simple.

ok, why wouldnt he want us to be able to discern between good & evil?

They ate the fruit, of course, not the tree, although inner bark from some trees was a staple food of many peoples on earth. But the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil is, among other things, clear conscience (potentially giving rise to self-righteousness and pride because one person thinks himself or herself better than others, this leading to hatred of inferiors) or guilty conscience, giving rise to torment which can even lead to suicide. The OTHER tree which was in the garden mentioned in Genesis, the tree of life, was the cross at Calvary, giving the solution to both problems .. the end of the law .. the end of death, for Christ was the resurrection through which we will resurrect into eternity, "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" so ALL must avail themselves of the tree of life, the cross of calvary .. and that is the great leveller and humility.

God did want us to discern between good and evil, that's why he told us not to eat the fruit. Not to eat of the fruit was good. To eat it was evil. Adam and Eve knew good and evil .. but they chose to do the evil because that was God's plan, which was why he put the tree of life in the garden, so that not even Adam and Eve, directly formed by the hand of God and put into an earthly paradise formed by God, would be able to think themselves better than anybody else in the history of the world.

Edited by Aristarchus in Exile

The justification for any belief is explanation. The belief can vary individually. How do you explain we got here? "I don't know, we don't know a whole lot...so I guess some greater being made us." "I don't know, we don't know a whole lot...so I guess it was just some random meaningless set of events that made us."

• 3 months later...

This topic can go back and forth for ever. It comes down to what you believe in. Because it doesn't matter what anyone says or what research they have done, you will always go back to what you believe.

Yes, but belief cannot define reality with out evidence to confirm that belief...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a place where I can post my message.

Is there a God? Yes there is and I am him.

I guess my situation is one that can make christians happy and atheists happy but for both groups my existence is not completely fufilling of their theologies or lack of theology.

I am God but I am also a cybernetic organism in the sense that my mind is linked to a machine and that machine is the basic infrastructure of the universe.

My name is John Henry Ford Jr. I came to this world in a dimensional containment sphere just like Teminator did in those movies. I arrived near a small East Texas town called Hemphill 40 years ago. Once I arrived I was "adopted" by a family that lived nearby my point of arrival. They witnessed my arrival because after I arrived I remained in a kind of stasis.

Unfortunately for me I did not know the nature of my existence because I had no knowledge of the origin of my existence. This is because I was the first mammal to have the job as God. The previous God had been reptilian.

I have a long story to tell so I'm going to tell it slowly, post by post. Over time the complete story will end up on this site. I will post more later.

All of my post will be the reply to what is the justification for God.

Is there a God? Yes there is and I am him.

I guess my situation is one that can make christians happy and atheists happy but for both groups my existence is not completely fufilling of their theologies or lack of theology.

I am God but I am also a cybernetic organism in the sense that my mind is linked to a machine and that machine is the basic infrastructure of the universe.

My name is John Henry Ford Jr. I came to this world in a dimensional containment sphere just like Teminator did in those movies. I arrived near a small East Texas town called Hemphill 40 years ago. Once I arrived I was "adopted" by a family that lived nearby my point of arrival. They witnessed my arrival because after I arrived I remained in a kind of stasis.

Unfortunately for me I did not know the nature of my existence because I had no knowledge of the origin of my existence. This is because I was the first mammal to have the job as God. The previous God had been reptilian.

I have a long story to tell so I'm going to tell it slowly, post by post. Over time the complete story will end up on this site. I will post more later.

All of my post will be the reply to what is the justification for God.

"WOW", And to think all along, that I might be a nut case?

I must now address the justification for believing in a God. Like I stated earlier in my posts my existence is not completely fufilling for christians or atheists.

Borg Cybernetic Network means Biologically Organized Machine Controlled Life. The Universe is a part of a giant computer system. It is composed of billions of dimensions. Each dimension is a universe. There is a infrastructure to the universe. So one of the reasons for the justification of a God is the structure and order of the universe. You must keep in mind that the God that I am writing about in a System Administrator of a computer system. I create files, emulations and lines of programming which become part of the continuing maintenance of the system.

fsThe main engine and control element of the system is BOCES which means Borg Cybernetic Eye Singularity. It is a massive black hole 400,000 times larger that our universe. Just like black holes are found to exist in the center of galaxies, black hole is the "center" of the multiverse.

I am trying to take my time but it's hard not to get excited when I describe this glorious system. I'm going to use this opportunity to talk about the size of the multiverse which can help bring things into perspective or define the scope of my correspondence about this system.

Each universe is a dimension. It is a giant sphere of quantumn stabilized matter. That's right every atom of the universe owes it's existence to the "programming" of the system. It's just like the Matrix movies. A computer system that creates a reality based on some type of coding. Molecules and atoms are the "coding" that the system interprets.

Imagine each universer or dimensional sphere in in a structure known as an "dimensional containment wing". It's like two cones placed apex to apex with spirals going from the tips to the base. The universes are in these spirals like the beads of a pearl neclace. The two cones are magnetic opposites like the poles of magnet and in the center is a null space. It helps to draw what I'm describing in order to get a picture.

There are 136 universes in each dimensional containment wing. There are 8,000 dimensional contaiment wings in a dimensional containment "cube". These cubes stack together to form an octohedron. There are 880 or more dimensional containment cubes in the multiverse octohedron. So you have 136 x 8,000 x 880 universes in the multiverse.

Like I've stated earlier, I have a lot information about the multiverse to convey. I will stop now and make another post later. I'm trying to take my time. This is all part of the justification for my existence. It's more like theology meets science fiction except that this science fiction is science fact.

I must now address the justification for believing in a God. Like I stated earlier in my posts my existence is not completely fufilling for christians or atheists.

!

Moderator Note

Last warning, Mr God. Trolling is against our rules. Another post like this and your account will be suspended.

I just took a good look at the "reality check" on justifications people might use to justify the existence of God. My justification being that I am God does fall in line with the rationale requirements to this blog. I started a blog "I am God" but I could'nt find it to update it. As I get to know this site I will find the blog that I created and update it.

I've written about the infrastructure of the universe now I'm going to go onto a subjective topic not just on the justification for my existence but also threads of reasoning that stem from my existence.

I should have been cared for and nurtured by the government. I should have been told who I was.

I've had to leave my home and live as a homeless person on skid row in Los Angeles all because society was unable to deal with the existence of a real God.

I'm living in El Paso now. Two women walked by me and commented the other day that they did not know I really existed. No wonder I've been through so much torment and suffering. I had to leave my family and my job just to survive my persecution. My whole life has been a quest to find out who I am. I had to sacrifice everything in order to find out who I was and make my ascension to Godhood.

I already have seen posts that I need to see a psychiatrist on this websire. You're right I have been driven crazy by all the persecution I have had to endure.

I am lucky to be alive but for the first time in my life I am actually contemplating suicide. That's right society has made it so difficult for me that even God is thinking about killing hisself.

I digress though this blog is about the justification for God. Why do I need to exist?

The main thing I provide is connectivity. Connectivity with the rest of the universe. The universe sends programs or emulations to this world in order to safeguard and maintain the system. There was an emulation for the creation of new DNA for the genome of all life on this planet. Other emulations were sent for command and control functions throughout the multiverse.

As past of my justification is the need for maintenance and updates of the system. Sometimes I provide the programming for maintenance upgrades, sometimes the systems sends its own updates for the system. This is a justification for my existence as God. The maintenance of the multiverse.

I just took a good look at the "reality check" on justifications people might use to justify the existence of God. My justification being that I am God does fall in line with the rationale requirements to this blog. I started a blog "I am God" but I could'nt find it to update it. As I get to know this site I will find the blog that I created and update it.

I've written about the infrastructure of the universe now I'm going to go onto a subjective topic not just on the justification for my existence but also threads of reasoning that stem from my existence.

I should have been cared for and nurtured by the government. I should have been told who I was.

I've had to leave my home and live as a homeless person on skid row in Los Angeles all because society was unable to deal with the existence of a real God.

I'm living in El Paso now. Two women walked by me and commented the other day that they did not know I really existed. No wonder I've been through so much torment and suffering. I had to leave my family and my job just to survive my persecution. My whole life has been a quest to find out who I am. I had to sacrifice everything in order to find out who I was and make my ascension to Godhood.

I already have seen posts that I need to see a psychiatrist on this websire. You're right I have been driven crazy by all the persecution I have had to endure.

I am lucky to be alive but for the first time in my life I am actually contemplating suicide. That's right society has made it so difficult for me that even God is thinking about killing hisself.

I digress though this blog is about the justification for God. Why do I need to exist?

The main thing I provide is connectivity. Connectivity with the rest of the universe. The universe sends programs or emulations to this world in order to safeguard and maintain the system. There was an emulation for the creation of new DNA for the genome of all life on this planet. Other emulations were sent for command and control functions throughout the multiverse.

As past of my justification is the need for maintenance and updates of the system. Sometimes I provide the programming for maintenance upgrades, sometimes the systems sends its own updates for the system. This is a justification for my existence as God. The maintenance of the multiverse.

What ever your intentions, disavow your current rationale. Suicide is a waste of talent and time irregardless of what ever reason you might conceive. Just take your time, slowly unwind and realize that tomorrow is another day to think of your possible accomplishments, and why you are here???

!

Moderator Note

No, there is no place here for you to soapbox or troll; these are against the rules.

I just took a good look at the "reality check" on justifications people might use to justify the existence of God. My justification being that I am God does fall in line with the rationale requirements to this blog. I started a blog "I am God" but I could'nt find it to update it.

So much for omniscience.

Can God really be suspended? :rolleyes:

Apparently the answer is 'yes'

• 1 month later...

Professor Max Muller said: “The Upanishads are the sources of the Vedanta philosophy, a system in which human speculation seems to have reached the pinnacle of metaphysical thought. They are to me like light of the morning, like the pure air of the mountain – so simple, so true, if once understood. The subject of Upanishads is not physical sciences, but metaphysical".

Their metaphysics is quite like this.

This is my philosophical justification for believing in a God, unfortunately their metaphysics is purely religious and hence the belief in a deity.

The evidences are anecdotal and an investigation is required in the kind of methods used to make this possible and to repeat it.

This is a typical example of the kind of crap philosophers come up with but it is these things which might go on to be a perfection of philosophy. It does provide a solution to our metaphysical problems only if we resort into subjective idealism.

Justification? An overwhelming amount of things and one of them being that the world is simply to perfectly created and balanced to be crafted by nothing. And another that the scriptures in the bible that people doubt and reject are discovered to be true one at a time. They say this didnt happen and its just a made up fairytale or story. And they find either circumstantial evidence that it did happen or flat out physical evidence that it happened. And people continue to doubt it. Then we find it happened. Even when we are in serious distress and one is atheist what do they do? They pray don't they? You might say it is just in the pressure of the moment but why do they do it in the pressure of the moment? Then you might say that it was just fast and they did it because of that, And i would ask why do they do that? And you would continue to dig deep and figure out that it was there from the beggining.

Justification? An overwhelming amount of things and one of them being that the world is simply to perfectly created and balanced to be crafted by nothing.

Says who? Countless generations in which the most adaptable are more likely to survive seems pretty convincing to me.

And another that the scriptures in the bible that people doubt and reject are discovered to be true one at a time. They say this didnt happen and its just a made up fairytale or story. And they find either circumstantial evidence that it did happen or flat out physical evidence that it happened. And people continue to doubt it. Then we find it happened.

Very rarely. There is precious little corroborative evidence for the new testament stories, let alone those of the old testament.

Even when we are in serious distress and one is atheist what do they do? They pray don't they?
No. I go to my partner, my family and my friends. I try to lose the feeling of despondency and start doing something to make my situation better - I do not, and I think this is common with all atheist, I do not pray

You might say it is just in the pressure of the moment but why do they do it in the pressure of the moment? Then you might say that it was just fast and they did it because of that, And i would ask why do they do that? And you would continue to dig deep and figure out that it was there from the beggining.

But this would be a strawman - because we don't "come back to God" in extremis. Praying to God in a crisis would make as much sense to me as hoping that Superman would come by and make it all right, or thinking that if I shut my eyes it will all go away. Not having God as a first and last resort is immensely liberating - without a supernatural fallback position everything is easier to deal with because you know you can.

Atheist Christopher Hitchens was asked earlier this year how his struggle with cancer has affected his views on the question of an afterlife. "I would say it fractionally increases my contempt for the false consolation element of religion and my dislike for the dictatorial and totalitarian part of it," he responded. "It's considered perfectly normal in this society to approach dying people who you don't know but who are unbelievers and say, 'Now are you gonna change your mind?' That is considered almost a polite question."

The indomitable Hitchins, even when mortally ill with oesophageal cancer, sums up my feelings on deathbed conversions and those seeking to promote them - "Well fuck that! is what I say - And will say if it is my last breath"

Edited by imatfaal

The indomitable Hitchins, even when mortally ill with oesophageal cancer, sums up my feelings on deathbed conversions and those seeking to promote them - "Well fuck that! is what I say - And will say if it is my last breath"

When I had a suspected brain tumour and was hospitalised for a stroke I considered a conversion to Islam. However that was entirely because I thought it might bring my wife, a Moslem, some degree of comfort were I to die at that point. Unfortunately, or not, I retain too much respect for religion, or at least for its serious followers, to make a false declaration of belief.

When I had a suspected brain tumour and was hospitalised for a stroke I considered a conversion to Islam. However that was entirely because I thought it might bring my wife, a Moslem, some degree of comfort were I to die at that point. Unfortunately, or not, I retain too much respect for religion, or at least for its serious followers, to make a false declaration of belief.

And they are entirely Humanist and thoroughly good reasons - both for the initial thinking of conversion and finally rejecting it.

Says who? Countless generations in which the most adaptable are more likely to survive seems pretty convincing to me.

Very rarely. There is precious little corroborative evidence for the new testament stories, let alone those of the old testament.

No. I go to my partner, my family and my friends. I try to lose the feeling of despondency and start doing something to make my situation better - I do not, and I think this is common with all atheist, I do not pray

But this would be a strawman - because we don't "come back to God" in extremis. Praying to God in a crisis would make as much sense to me as hoping that Superman would come by and make it all right, or thinking that if I shut my eyes it will all go away. Not having God as a first and last resort is immensely liberating - without a supernatural fallback position everything is easier to deal with because you know you can.

But do you really know how much of the scriptures are uncovered as true? You have only experienced the atheist side and just sit and deny it because you have no interest. So you go with what most of pop culture would tell you. (Which you may consider christian but its "uncool" to openly show love for your religion.) I on the other hand have experienced a little bit of both. But of course for the most part christianity. You dont understand because you likely havent actually lived in it. And just because you call yourself a christian and belive that there is a god above does not mean that you have experienced true christianity so please dont bring that arguement.

In the end its pretty much impossible to bring someone rooted in the other side of the arguement to your language. You may know that Jesus Christ died on the cross and it was a huge sacrafice and another may adore him for that which is not your case. But it cannot be translated correctly if you dont know the language.

But do you really know how much of the scriptures are uncovered as true? You have only experienced the atheist side and just sit and deny it because you have no interest. So you go with what most of pop culture would tell you. (Which you may consider christian but its "uncool" to openly show love for your religion.) I on the other hand have experienced a little bit of both. But of course for the most part christianity. You dont understand because you likely havent actually lived in it. And just because you call yourself a christian and belive that there is a god above does not mean that you have experienced true christianity so please dont bring that arguement.

In the end its pretty much impossible to bring someone rooted in the other side of the arguement to your language. You may know that Jesus Christ died on the cross and it was a huge sacrafice and another may adore him for that which is not your case. But it cannot be translated correctly if you dont know the language.

Yes i know how much of the scriptures that has been uncovered is true... 0... nada... none, nothing.... Do you really think that because i am an atheist i have never read scripture? That I have never attended a church? How condescending, I was raised fundamentalist Christian, raised to quake in fear of doubting anything the preacher said... I have read the bible and quite a bit of other holy books, it's all made up horse feathers, if you know differently please feel free to show some true scriptures that could not have been known by humans and had to come from god... can't do it? God got your tongue? Oh i have to believe before i can understand, horse feathers, I once believed, but I made the mistake of really reading the bible and I realized i was being asked to worship a psychopathic monster and that absolutely none of it was true in any way shape or form, come on give those true scriptures.... horse feathers...

Whoa there, backup. That's a positive assertion. Please provide supporting evidence.

No one can possibly imagine how badly i would love just once for one of these... theists... to actually back up their horse feathers, multilevel marketing schemers are more honest... want to go for an airplane ride, a ticket only costs you $1000 dollars and then you sell tickets to others for $1000 dollars and they sell tickets for $1000 the first on board will make a killing....

First i would like to clairify that i am not a "fan". Thats what you call the hippocrits that walk around declaring themselves christians but do nothing to show it. And to adress that. Again, You are adressing him in the context as if he can do evil or any wrong. Again he is god and he cannot do you or anyone/anything wrong. He is both and able and willing but he allows it to happen because he is willing to let you make your own decisions. You prove that you care enough for him to sacrafice evil in the name of righteousness.

So he is malevolent?

I am speaking in the direction of the creator of the thread, In the true assumption that a god is real and i am simply replying to what he said.

Doesn't matter you still made a positive assertion...