krebs HEPES solution

Dear all, i had made few times the krebs-HEPES solution. And i found that the solution tend to be cloudy with precipitate. expecially when i add in CaCl2.2 H20, after the sodium HEPES. I tried turn over, which means that i add in CaCl2.2H20 ,then i add in sodium HEPES. But it's still turn to cloudy solution. I would like to ask that is it very important that the order to put in the chemicals? and if i continue to use the cloudy solution, will it affect my assay? for you information, the solution is clear before i add in the calcium cloride ot the sodium HEPES, and i also add very slowly for these two chemicals....thanks!

yes....i did checked the pH values today. It's about pH9.0, and when i add in the HCl, the cloudy solution turn to clear already and the pH is about pH 7.48. thanks to remind me the pH values! (^_^)

Do you adjust the pH value? You can try to add the CaCl2 after you "finished" your buffer (which includes the pH). Or it may help to add a CaCl2 solution after sterilizing (autoclaving) the buffer.

Thanks for reply, i solve the problem right now, as the sodium HEPES is a salt which will increase the pH values. It's go down when i add in HCl (and the cloudy solution turn to clear now..hehe...). However, I did add sodium bicarbonate, i would like to ask that will it affect the pH values also? Thanks!

Does the buffer contain a carbonate buffer?

:)

pH and temperature can "clean" solutions, if they are in the correct values.

yes....i did checked the pH values today. It's about pH9.0, and when i add in the HCl, the cloudy solution turn to clear already and the pH is about pH 7.48. thanks to remind me the pH values! (^_^)

Thanks for reply, i solve the problem right now, as the sodium HEPES is a salt which will increase the pH values. It's go down when i add in HCl (and the cloudy solution turn to clear now..hehe...). However, I did add sodium bicarbonate, i would like to ask that will it affect the pH values also? Thanks!