Theory of how our universe was created.

In theoretical physics, you can know the total energy in the universe .. The zero energy theory, since we have symmetries that cancel each others,

we get a total energy of Zero .. when we say the total energy is Zero, some people think it's wrong, but the expansion for one

to understand this is that there are amounts of positive and negative energies, NOT that it means there is no energy in the universe!

This net zero energy idea refers to a "flat" universe - that is one in which the overall spacetime curvature is zero. And yes, our observtions say the universe is "Flat". But this applies only to the so-called "observable universe', the part of the universe we can see.

The observable universe is, to quote Wikipedia, "the galaxies and other matter that we can in principle observe from Earth in the present day, because light (or other signals) from those objects has had time to reach us since the beginning of the cosmological expansion."

Is the rest of the universe we cannot see also "flat"? From what I read, this is a matter of debate amongst the experts.

Comments?

• 2 weeks later...

weird.. i dont get some of what you people say. i guess a smart sixth grader isnt enough. see you in 10 years. if we survive 2012. which we will, by my caculations. explained-

-ITS NOT POSSIBLE

the other thing i dont get. if the world is round why do we feel it as flat. if it was gravity, theres no way it just happened to even it out just to the be flat.' and i know, my grammer sucks

weird.. i dont get some of what you people say. i guess a smart sixth grader isnt enough. see you in 10 years. if we survive 2012. which we will, by my caculations. explained-

-ITS NOT POSSIBLE

the other thing i dont get. if the world is round why do we feel it as flat. if it was gravity, theres no way it just happened to even it out just to the be flat.' and i know, my grammer sucks

Imagine a tiny ant on the surface of a big ball. To that ant, the very small part of the surface he can see looks pretty flat.

On the surface of the huge Earth, we are like that ant.

The Earth is round. It is just that up close on the surface, us tiny humans see only a very small part of it, so it appears pretty flat.

If you could rise up into the air and look back at the Earth, you'd see more and more of it as you go up. It looks pretty flat at first. But as you go up higher and higher, you start to notice it curves. And even higher. you start to see it is really the shape of a ball.

Keep searching and learning -- good luck.

Edited by IM Egdall

• 3 weeks later...