Try to solve it

I can't see how this would be solvable, unless the solution is not at all related to math, but some other goofy idea.

The only thing there we would have any use for is "T + E = 8". T could be 6 and E 2. Or T could be 5 and E 3. Let's say "Q + O = 10" is involved, in that the numbers represented by Q and O can't be represented by any other letter. Let's give them some random, working numbers and see what happens.

T = 5, E = 3, Q = 8, O = 2.

T = 1, E = 7, Q = 4, O = 6.

Since both of these give different answers to T + E + E, and we still have no idea what R is supposed to be, I would say it's impossible to solve without more information. Unless I'm missing something vital.

I can't see how this would be solvable, unless the solution is not at all related to math, but some other goofy idea.

I think it is related to a "goofy idea" - hence my answer of 15. If I am correct, think "puzzle" not "math".

Edited by TonyMcC

On reflection, calling this a "goofy idea" is IMO rather unfair. It must have been from ideas like this that the German coding machine Enigma was developed. This machine was producing coded messages during WWII that were almost undecipherable. The hint definitely gave it away - so much so that I probably would not have produced the answer without it.

On reflection, calling this a "goofy idea" is IMO rather unfair. It must have been from ideas like this that the German coding machine Enigma was developed. This machine was producing coded messages during WWII that were almost undecipherable. The hint definitely gave it away - so much so that I probably would not have produced the answer without it.

My apologies to fisherman... I did not mean it in a bad way... it is rather a neat puzzle... what I should have said was:

'It is most definitely not related to math'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made it :)

P=0

T+E = 8

Q+O = 10

With the given clues, find the sum of the letters T R E E. (Each letter represents a number if you didn't know already) :)

Have fun!

if we consider that letters starting from E up to T take the values 0 2 8 in series , then the values will be like this E=0 f=2 G=8 and so no..... this will give us the values of E=o o=2 p=0 Q=8 and T=8 which are the assumed values in the question

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow I'm lost with this one. What do you mean by try typing it out? My minds stuck on thinking maths T R E E how do you make that as 15?

Look for the number keys that are exactly above the letters T R E E and add them.