The six sense

36grit

It is said that we have five senses. Sight, smell, touch, hearing, and taste. Each one attached to a sensory perception organ that sends sinals to the brain for interpretation.

Our eyes are sensors that interpret photon energies within the color spectrum. Two eyes gives our brain the ability calculate depth according to the photon interferience patterns relative to our position.

But what if our brain intself (or some part thereof) is a sensory perception organ in and of itself. Babies are born (according some show I watched) with the perception that we are all a unified field of thought. At some point they percieve that they are individuals with like thoughts.

As teens we "search for ourselves". We find thoughts that are relative to our own plane, or channel of understanding, beliefs, and aspirations. We connect with others and enter a realm of ever changing plasticity governed the weight of influence that we allow from the other planes of thought. This is directly related to the depth of our respect for the other individual thought plane.

Basically our brain interprets the thoughts of others and places them within our plane of thoughts according to our own perceptions of understanding and individual relevancy.

Our brain waves are made up thought particles. As these particles interact with the thought particles of others the natural forces of attaction, repulsion, and harminization are realized. In this way an individual consciousnes can play out it's role of a personalized choice of thought, and interact with the other realms of individual conciousness.

So, within our brain is a six sense organ designed to percieve the thoughts and actions of ourselves and others.

It is said that we have five senses. Sight, smell, touch, hearing, and taste. Each one attached to a sensory perception organ that sends sinals to the brain for interpretation.

Our eyes are sensors that interpret photon energies within the color spectrum. Two eyes gives our brain the ability calculate depth according to the photon interferience patterns relative to our position.

But what if our brain intself (or some part thereof) is a sensory perception organ in and of itself. Babies are born (according some show I watched) with the perception that we are all a unified field of thought. At some point they percieve that they are individuals with like thoughts.

As teens we "search for ourselves". We find thoughts that are relative to our own plane, or channel of understanding, beliefs, and aspirations. We connect with others and enter a realm of ever changing plasticity governed the weight of influence that we allow from the other planes of thought. This is directly related to the depth of our respect for the other individual thought plane.

Basically our brain interprets the thoughts of others and places them within our plane of thoughts according to our own perceptions of understanding and individual relevancy.

Our brain waves are made up thought particles. As these particles interact with the thought particles of others the natural forces of attaction, repulsion, and harminization are realized. In this way an individual consciousnes can play out it's role of a personalized choice of thought, and interact with the other realms of individual conciousness.

So, within our brain is a six sense organ designed to percieve the thoughts and actions of ourselves and others.

Well, fish can sense electric fields in their brain, so I guess that could be a 6th sense. Otherwise, in order to be another sense, something has to tell your brain of the existence of other objects in a different way than we already know. Gravity is a sense of feeling. You feel like your being pulled down on. Intercepting thoughts is like radio waves, which we can't detect by ourselves, so if you could sense that in a way independent from any other organs such as your skin or eyes, then that would be another sense.

What are "thought particles", how do they interact with anything, and how did you detect them? You speak of them as if they're proven, and they're not. You need to supply evidence for the existence of these "thought particles".

I think it is arguable that there are only 3 senses in humans, taste and smell are the same thing, sensing chemicals, touch and hearing are the same thing, sensing vibrations of matter, then you have sight which is sensing electromagnetic radiation. Some animals can sense magnetic and electrical fields like Mormyrids (fish) and knife fishes, they generate their own elctromagnetic fields and actively use them to both communicate and navigate. Sharks as well can sense electromagnetic fields although it is passive detection, some birds have been shown to sense magnetic fields passively as well. For there to be a sense other than these you first have to have a mechanism for that sense. Brain waves are electro-chemical in nature but far too weak as far as anyone can tell to be sensed by another brain through air but Mormyrids do indeed connect with each other through electromagnetic fields because water conducts these fields much better than air.

"I think it is arguable that there are only 3 senses in humans"

Which one tells you that you are hungry, or that it's time to go to the toilet?

Aristotle thought we had 5 senses because he thought the number 5 had some mystical significance.

Actually we have rather a lot.

For example you are in trouble if you lose this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprioception

I think it is arguable that there are only 3 senses in humans...

Reduced to the minimum, there can be only three senses: related to space, time and matter (matter, of course includes it mass and energy).

Actually we have rather a lot.

Depending upon what aspect of matter, space and time we have to sense, we have many sensors. That is, 'Actually we have rather a lot'.

Perceiving the thoughts and actions of ourselves and others is rather an interpretation of the brain about what we receive through our deployed sensors, so that we may act accordingly.

I think I'm being miss understood.

Here's the metaphor:

The sun is a ball of energy and amont other things it projects waves of light. In quantum physics we see that these waves are actually flows of particles we call photons. They hit an object on earth and there's an energy exchange and a reflection of color that is detected (along with original sunlight) by our eyes.

What I'm saying is:

What if there's a ball of energy projecting waves (and/or) particles of thought. Instead of color reflecting we see attitudes, actions, ideas, and the reasonings of those around us, as well as the inner voice interpretations, that we ourselves reflect, of this energy.

In this perception every living thing could experience different levels of conciousness. If you yell at a plant or animal, it will not "do as well" as one that love and take of.

Perhaps certain molecular changes in certain materials somehow attract this thought energy.

We look up and see the sky is blue on a sunny day because blue is the color that makes it through the atomsphere.

Perhaps thought energy passing through the ionisphere also gives us all at least some kind of unified perception relative to place and time.

In space we see all the colors of earth reflecting. Mostly blue and green and the city lights at night.

Perhaps as our thoughts expand they rise up and form a matrix of "thought struture" and "Definition" in the ionisphere that help determine global attitudes. Perhaps even trigger evolutionary, political, natural, informational, and other "global" and even "universal" events.

What do ya think?

What if there's a ball of energy projecting waves (and/or) particles of thought. Instead of color reflecting we see attitudes, actions, ideas, and the reasonings of those around us, as well as the inner voice interpretations, that we ourselves reflect, of this energy.

You're not being misunderstood, you're being asked to supply evidence for this.

The difference in your analogy is that the sun's energy is detectable by instrumentation, measurable, and we can perform observations and experimentation and predict the levels of radiation / energy output through various scenarios.

Your proposed "thought particles" are none of the above. So the analogy falls flat on that, and you are being asked to produce some sort of evidence or even proposed evidence that any sort of "particles" or "energy" exists at all.

~mooey

You're not being misunderstood, you're being asked to supply evidence for this.

The difference in your analogy is that the sun's energy is detectable by instrumentation, measurable, and we can perform observations and experimentation and predict the levels of radiation / energy output through various scenarios.

Your proposed "thought particles" are none of the above. So the analogy falls flat on that, and you are being asked to produce some sort of evidence or even proposed evidence that any sort of "particles" or "energy" exists at all.

~mooey

Here's a toy that uses brain waves for motion. http://www.washingto...9042204036.html .

Maybe I'm wrong about the particles, I just thought all waves had a particle interpretation. So let's just stick to brain waves to continue the subject matter.

I think we all know these exist and I know that these are detectable. I saw a similar toy in target not to long ago.

The toys are new, knowledge of the existance of brain waves are not.

The toy interperets brain waves and then acts upon them because we (humankind) pogrammed it to do so.

What will this toy become in say, a hundred years?

I wonder if we'll still deny that we were created, when we create our own likeness from dirt (and some other earthly chemicles ofcourse)

PS: You can find a lot a conspirasy theories on using the ionasphere for mind control. HAARP is the latest target of these. I was watching a BBC documentry on Nicola Tessla that mentioned that the ionasphere is in the same e/m spectrum as brain waves. You can find it on Youtube.com

Edited by 36grit

Here's a toy that uses brain waves for motion. http://www.washingto...9042204036.html .

Maybe I'm wrong about the particles, I just thought all waves had a particle interpretation. So let's just stick to brain waves to continue the subject matter.

I think we all know these exist and I know that these are detectable. I saw a similar toy in target not to long ago.

The toys are new, knowledge of the existance of brain waves are not.

The toy interperets brain waves and then acts upon them because we (humankind) pogrammed it to do so.

What will this toy become in say, a hundred years?

I wonder if we'll still deny that we were created, when we create our own likeness from dirt (and some other earthly chemicles ofcourse)

"Brain waves" are detectable (although this is a bit tricky, since they're only detectable up-close and personal, very very close range, which is why this is attached to your skull).

The term "EEG" ("Electroencephalography") is relevant here. It's a device that records electrical activity in the brain. It does NOT recognize different "types" of activities (emotions/memories/feelings), but just electrical activity. As you can see from the picture in the wiki entry, the device must be attached to the skull, and only works in close range. Also, since it can't recognize the different "types" of brain activity like thoughts or emotions, we attach multiple sensors so we know where the activity is when we test EEG.

We use it medically. These toys use it to do cool stuff.

It has to be very close to your head, and it goes by electrical conductivity which we can explain, detect, experiment on, and predict.

Taking this aspect and concluding that there are "brain particles" is a stretch, at best. Taking this device and concluding these "brain particles" can be used to communicate or detected by other people is a huge leap seeing as the EEG (and these toys!) only work close-range.

You are concluding without having evidence. We are a science forum, which is why you're being asked to produce these evidence. It's a really nice idea, but there's zero corroboration for it, unless you want to pitch in here and produce a reliable method of detecting and using these "brain particles" the way you suggest they can be used.

PS: You can find a lot a conspirasy theories on using the ionasphere for mind control. HAARP is the latest target of these. I was watching a BBC documentry on Nicola Tessla that mentioned that the ionasphere is in the same e/m spectrum as brain waves. You can find it on Youtube.com

I'm sure you realize that this is far from being evidence of anything. You can find a lot of conspiracy theories about the invisible people controlling our government, the alien abductions that sexually molest farm animals, and cockroaches ruling our planet.

Conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories; this here is a science forum, and whether the information is "hidden" from the public or not, these brain particles should be detectable at some levels, even theoretically. I recommend you suggest a means in which we test it, and we can go from there.

~mooey

I think brain waves are just very "dense" waves. That is to say that they experience heavy gravitaional harmonics fluctuating up and down their waves. I'm quite sure they make machines that can look deep inside your brain and dectect sectors of the brain that become active when thinking and doing different things.

We all build our own algorythems of thought. I heard somewhere that the electro magnetic spectrum is infinite. I'm sure that matter, brain waves, and every other wave has it's slot. It's just reason and observation. Everything relative to this universe is made from "echoes" of the BB enetgy that produced it. There is only positive, negative, and the gravitational harmonic expanses inbetween. Right or wrong certain things have become elemetry for me. A slower expanse will particlize when in contact with a faster expanse. Because the speed of light has to remain constant and somthing has to give. Any quick glance and you'll see what gives, distance. Space/Time is relative, electric and a velocity.

Edited by 36grit

I would say that what your are describing is not only a sense but essentially what Consciousness is. In order to understand our thoughts we have to come to the realization "I exist". We really can't/don't understand thoughts at all until we reach this point.

I would say that what your are describing is not only a sense but essentially what Consciousness is. In order to understand our thoughts we have to come to the realization "I exist". We really can't/don't understand thoughts at all until we reach this point.

Maybe, but the premise he seems to be making is that there's a way to cooperate/communicate/interact with this "consciousness" or "brain waves", and that this interaction can be done through a fairly large distance (like between two people or more).

It's not that consciousness itself is unproven (though, philosophically speaking, it is an interesting question) -- it's that the interaction between "consciousnesses" is completely unproven. Not just that, but there doesn't seem to be any *means* by which to test it or predict it.

That's the problem.

I think brain waves are just very "dense" waves. That is to say that they experience heavy gravitaional harmonics fluctuating up and down their waves. I'm quite sure they make machines that can look deep inside your brain and dectect sectors of the brain that become active when thinking and doing different things.

Alright. That's your hypothesis, which is great, but you're missing a few steps before we can accept your hypothesis as true.

First, you should try and describe what these waves are and how they interact with natural objects or other such waves. By describing this you then need to find a way to detect them. Propose an experiment by which we can test not only the existence of these waves, but also the way they affect their surroundings, like you propose.

We can then test it, and see if your hypothesis is right. That's science ;)

We all build our own algorythems of thought. I heard somewhere that the electro magnetic spectrum is infinite. I'm sure that matter, brain waves, and every other wave has it's slot. It's just reason and observation. Everything relative to this universe is made from "echoes" of the BB enetgy that produced it. There is only positive, negative, and the gravitational harmonic expanses inbetween. Right or wrong certain things have become elemetry for me. A slower expanse will particlize when in contact with a faster expanse. Because the speed of light has to remain constant and somthing has to give. Any quick glance and you'll see what gives, distance. Space/Time is relative, electric and a velocity.

Reason and observation are good for the hypothesis step, but for you to actually prove that it's a correct (or at least supported) hypothesis, reason and logic are insufficient. You need to show the interaction, you need to explain what those waves are physically, how they interact, and how we can detect them. Then, you can have an experiment.

So, to be clear, I'm not saying you're *wrong*. I'm saying that we don't have enough information to conclude that you're right. I personally have a few doubts about this hypothesis because of previous experimentation and because the phenomena you describe is mostly unproven to exist (ESP, etc, was repeatedly shown to not exist under scrutiny) --- but I'm completely willing to check and see if your hypothesis has any merit. We just need to devise the background for it and then an experiment.

In science, we need to keep an open mind. But we also need to make sure our mind isn't open to a level where our brains fall out. Devise an experiment, test it, prove your hypothesis. That's how science is done.

• 2 weeks later...

36grit, you have a ways to go before you can even properly consider Mooeypoos comments.

I heard somewhere that the electro magnetic spectrum is infinite. I'm sure that matter, brain waves, and every other wave has it's slot.

First you need to find a way to demonstrate that "consciousness" is indeed represented on the electromagnetic spectrum as I would put this as by no means certain. IOW determine what form of energy you are actually looking for, without that you can't possibly describe a detection mechanism. You can't find radio waves with a microphone.

This is the very real problem that any hypothesis in this area faces. To give a simple example;

Let's say that there was a person who could, through an act of will cause items to combust, a "firestarter". We can hook them up to an EEG and we can use IR to see the target object heat up and finally burst into flame. We can see both the brain waves and the build up of heat. However if the transmission energy involved is not electromagnetic in nature, then there is no detection device known to human kind that could detect the energy passing from the person to the object. So how do you find it? How do you find radio waves with a microphone?

To make matters worse, the unknown energy might also have a spectrum analogous to the elecromagnetic one. How do you find the right part? You might hit the right spectrum but you've built an analogy of a gamma ray detector and the bit you're looking for is in the infra red. Detection and proof are a lot more complex that people usually think.

Mooey, to a great degree (and on methodology totally) I agree with you, however you are asking him to take a room full of microphones and prove the existence of radio. Simply can't be done, the tools aren't right for the job.

Edited by JohnB

Mooey, to a great degree (and on methodology totally) I agree with you, however you are asking him to take a room full of microphones and prove the existence of radio. Simply can't be done, the tools aren't right for the job.

I agree. My point was to try and get him to see that himself.

I was just thinking out of the box a little bit. But I really do think that our brain is a thought detector. And that in the same way DNA determines our unique individual bodies, the algorythems of our brain build unique and individual patterns of thought.

As far as I know there is only three kinds of energy. Positive, negative, and gravititaional energy. And gravitational energy is the energy of relativity.

In effect I do beleive that the molecular algorythems of brain cells, gravitaionaly attract and "pariclize" a "channel" within the infinite plane of thoughts.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that, consiousness is that which everything else is relative to. Reminds me of that video I recently watched on youtube, "The Holographic Universe". and another one I saw a long time ago called, "What the bleep do we know". When I first saw these I just thought, "those were made during quatum physics wacky phase", but now I'm starting to wonder.

Those videos were made by people who are not scientists, who took on the fancy term "Quantum Physics" and decided to make money misinterpreting it as part of the "New Age" revolution.

Any and all science behind these videos is accidental.

You should keep an open mind, 36grit, just don't let your mind fall out. Your idea is nice, but you need to be able to show how it works in reality (and therefore, how these behave, how we can detect them, experiment, and predict upon them) otherwise it's not science, it's imagination.

~mooey