How does your identity influence your response to others?

Hello

I am a PhD student at Swinburne University (Australia) and I am conducting a study on identity and peoples response to others. If you would like to participate in real psychology research or have an interest in social/cognitive psychology, click the hyperlink. Clicking the link will also lead to a more detailed summary of the project which you can read before participating.

Kind Regards

Natasha Katopodis

• 2 weeks later...

I think that self-control is the main factor that guides the effectiveness of identity in one's response to others, i.e. it is the door.

I do also know that identity-influence in response depends upon the situation/stimulus. Sudden, tensioned, ..........

If 'identity' means 'self' than I can confidently reply, response is an identity of a self/spirit. But, if it means 'identification/extinction' then it is totally different it amplifies factors and suppresses others, and is excluded form the first statement, although not totally.

I, my self, like to be as normal as possible, after applying ethics, and not to lead/show, unless it is an apparent right and/or a great need [to the situation, not to me].

Regards.