I am terrefied of zombies and i fear a zombie apocalipse

Abreu

i love playing,watching movie and games that are based on zombies but then i start to get paranoid like if i ever face one or more how hard would it be to kill them assuming they are rotten bodies just walking and the outbreak having the entire world roaming with them leaving my life pointless to live on anymore and things like that could anyone explain to me that maybe zombies arent in anyway possible to be brought to life.like a human being is hard to kill what about zombies would they be even harder killing one would be hell but fighting an entire army of them so yeah i know "dont watch zombie stuff" but it is stronger than me please help

Edited by Abreu

Well if the flesh of zombies is actually dead they wouldn't last long if only because there is no internal body regulation and the muscles and such would atrophy fairly quickly. But we could turn this into how close could something become a zombie realistically.

But how they are portrayed they would be pretty well useless

i love playing,watching movie and games that are based on zombies but then i start to get paranoid like if i ever face one or more how hard would it be to kill them assuming they are rotten bodies just walking and the outbreak having the entire world roaming with them leaving my life pointless to live on anymore and things like that could anyone explain to me that maybe zombies arent in anyway possible to be brought to life.like a human being is hard to kill what about zombies would they be even harder killing one would be hell but fighting an entire army of them so yeah i know "dont watch zombie stuff" but it is stronger than me please help

The classic zombie of walking dead flesh is just not possible. Once you die and respiration and circulation ceases, the cells begin to die. A part of this process is rigor mortis. In order for muscles to contract and relax the cells have to be alive and chemically active. When they die they go into a state of locked contraction. It isn't until the cells decay that they release again, but after that they can no longer contract. The chemical cycle that allows for continued contraction/relaxation that causes movement can't occur anymore.

So, the only type of "zombie" that could even theoretically be possible would be the "still living" type. Higher brain function gone in a living breathing person. This type of zombie would be just as easy to kill as a normal human would be.

I do enjoy this sort of thing.

A 'zombie' could be not dead but a form of possession or the diseased. If this possession/disease causes pain receptors to stop functioning, and also at the same time begins the body on a mission to create as much adrenaline as possible for extended periods. Then coupled with hormones associated with aggression(testosterone), then what could result is what would probably be described as a "super human", on a potentially suicidal mission to destroy anything they encounter. 'zombies' could be killed as easily theoretically as a real human, but they wouldn't necessarily be the mindless zombies of any movies.

Edited by wanabe

Well if the flesh of zombies is actually dead they wouldn't last long if only because there is no internal body regulation and the muscles and such would atrophy fairly quickly. But we could turn this into how close could something become a zombie realistically.

But how they are portrayed they would be pretty well useless

Well, I think the closest thing comes from the the most recent movie I Am Legend, which is based off a book of the same title. There is a type of biological agent that supposedly cures cancer but turns people into light fearing, intelligence lacking, ravenous humanoids that go around attacking people during night.

But the thing about zombies is that they are undead, that they are not obeying the natural rules of human physiology, and there is just something... unnatural about them.

If there was a zombie apocalypse, I suspect there would be plenty of business in the medical science department and physicist department in order to determine how these unnatural zombies work.

In terms of preparation, I figure fighting them would be similar to fighting Michael Myers from Halloween (one could only hope that the zombies are much less intelligent). In that case, you'll want to chop off their limbs and get out of the area as soon as possible (as they would piece back together). Probably building underground bunkers (people in America did this post-WWII because of continued nuclear threats) and having a Terminator III style nuclear bombing of the world might become a realistic consideration.

Swords would probably come back into style as would sword fighting.

In general, if you can't kill something, you should be able to trap it. Such was a case with Michael Myers. Idiots eventually decided to transport him somewhere, and that's how he got free.

Also, trapping zombies might help solve the economic crisis if they have an unnatural amount of energy that is limitless. I suspect people would actually hunt the zombies and put them to work like slaves in order to power cities and towns. Perhaps having a zombie apocalypse would be a good thing. But then there would be ethical issues and so-on. And then we'd have to give them citizenship. Ugh.

Edited by Genecks

They are obviously in a quantum superimposed alive/dead state.

Your best bet if you ever come across them in "real life" is to yell "I see you!" as loud as you can.

Hopefully they will all collapse.

They are obviously in a quantum superimposed alive/dead state.

Your best bet if you ever come across them in "real life" is to yell "I see you!" as loud as you can.

Hopefully they will all collapse.

Oh I see! A linear combination of all [math] \psi_{alive} [/math] and all [math] \psi_{dead} [/math] gives [math] \Psi _{zombie} [/math]. The question now is...can it be normalized? and is the undead operator, [math] \hat{U} [/math], hermetian anywhere?

Edited by mississippichem

Cracked.com had a good and relevant article for this thread: 7 Scientific reasons zombie outbreak would fail (quickly).

Bottom line is: Humans are way too good at killing things, and way too smart to let a zombie outbreak ever be successful. Also, zombies as shown in the movies (lurching, half-dead, dimwitted) are just not going to be able to successfully take over the world.

Read the article.

Cracked.com had a good and relevant article for this thread: 7 Scientific reasons zombie outbreak would fail (quickly).

Bottom line is: Humans are way too good at killing things, and way too smart to let a zombie outbreak ever be successful. Also, zombies as shown in the movies (lurching, half-dead, dimwitted) are just not going to be able to successfully take over the world.

That's the typical undead type of zombie. The zombie genre has gone on to include movies like 28 Days Later, where a mutated rabies virus turns people into psychotic husks. The movie stays true in that these zombies quickly die of starvation, due to how much energy they consume. But I think that an outbreak such as this would be a serious thread indeed.

That's the typical undead type of zombie. The zombie genre has gone on to include movies like 28 Days Later, where a mutated rabies virus turns people into psychotic husks. The movie stays true in that these zombies quickly die of starvation, due to how much energy they consume. But I think that an outbreak such as this would be a serious thread indeed.

One of the problems with those zombies is they don't take into account the dehydration that would kill them in maybe one or two days with the amount of energy they use.

One of the problems with those zombies is they don't take into account the dehydration that would kill them in maybe one or two days with the amount of energy they use.

plus they will be rotting... imagin aload of bloated zombies exploding in a gory yet spectacular fasion :D

also your picture is epic :P

plus they will be rotting... imagin aload of bloated zombies exploding in a gory yet spectacular fasion :D

The 28 days later zombies aren't dead flesh so they wouldn't really be rotting. That was Trip's, if he doesn't mind me shortening his name, point; we were all focusing on Romero zombies.

also your picture is epic :P

Thank you, it's from the the oatmeal

The 28 days later zombies aren't dead flesh so they wouldn't really be rotting. That was Trip's, if he doesn't mind me shortening his name, point; we were all focusing on Romero zombies.

Don't mind at all. And that was my point. Living zombies are a much graver threat than any other type of zombie,in my opinion.

Don't mind at all. And that was my point. Living zombies are a much graver threat than any other type of zombie,in my opinion.

I would like to think that if there were Romero type zombies they wouldn't really be dead, just metabolic rates drastically slowed. Both would have their pros and cons. Slow zombies could conserve energy much better and would probably be able to sneak up on prey better, but they would also be easily outrun and killed with virtually any weapon. Fast zombies would die quickly because of how much water and energy they consume but would be much more difficult to fight off.

But if the ( alive zombies ) Were in fact infected by an air born chemical agent that tended to spread very fast and by any means as of water, air etc.. That somehow transformed them into alive brainless flesh eating idiots the problem i believe would lie with trying to out live the infection of the world as opposed to attempting to waste a lot of ammo on almost dead beings.

But if the ( alive zombies ) Were in fact infected by an air born chemical agent that tended to spread very fast and by any means as of water, air etc.. That somehow transformed them into alive brainless flesh eating idiots the problem i believe would lie with trying to out live the infection of the world as opposed to attempting to waste a lot of ammo on almost dead beings.

I've noticed this in some "infection-type" zombie movies. The hero usually gets covered in zombie blood and guts yet somehow never seems to catch the virus.

All airborne diseases are dangerous, because they can spread easily.

A deadly flu virus without a cure is just as lethal and dangerous as an airborne zombie virus. The only difference is in the symptoms of the disease. The fact that you become a zombie does not add much to the danger. In fact, I would say that the whole zombie part is no more relevant than any other symptoms of other diseases. So, quite irrelevant (although being a zombie is obviously quite disgusting, and therefore good television).

• 2 weeks later...

Philosophically:

If they will return to life after death, then there is nothing called spirits [concept of spirits doesn't permit their return to the body], and there were no real death from the origin. So, no fear, they just returned metabolically.

Otherwise, there will be no return, because it is spiritual.

So, no spirit-return.

Can it be genies-like interaction? Wow? Don't fear man. Just go forward and kill the thought. Kill it.