Team America: World Police

Pangloss

It looks like Hollywood is not happy with Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Roger Ebert gave it one star, and his primary beef seems to be over the fact that the "White House gets a free pass" and that the famous Hollywood stars "exist in the movie essentially to be ridiculed for existing at all, I guess".

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041014/REVIEWS/40921007

I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds to me like they deserve a credit for not bowing to the pressures of political correctness, producing a satire that goes after BOTH sides.

But I wonder how long it will be before the far left criticizes their decision to release the film just before the election. As if Michael Moore's movie has any more basis in reality....

Anyway, good for them. I can't wait to see it.

I'm curious how they rated the south park movie.

It should be interesting to see. You say it is far from reality, but really, it will be the first to display our government for what it is, a bunch of puppets.

In that case I'd say he's probably just got it out for the SP creators. I mean, they challenge alot of stuff in their shows, I believe I've even seen them picking on egbert.

I for one have never paid attention to movie critics. If I do, I tend to find the movies the rate as poor are some of my favorites.