Create Own Secret Language Easily?

lamp

Do you guys work for secret agencies lol?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

There is also a somewhat simple cipher called the Vigenére cipher, which is a slightly more intricate substitutional cipher. Instead of changing, say E for Y, you use a key to decide which letter E is to be substituted for at the moment. Wikipedia has a good explanation of the process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigen%C3%A8re_cipher#Description

The Vigenére cipher CAN be cracked, but you would probably need a large volume of encrypted text, and you basically look for repetition of the key. It's not the safest cipher around, but it's definitely good enough for everyday use. Your key becomes your alphabet, in a way.

SilverPhinxx,

really good idea, I find the idea to use symbols for whole common words a good one, I'll take that over. And using its own symbols for double letters is a good one too.

Because that is where they could start deciphering it, by the double letters and other common noticeable marks, it will also save me time writing. I also made the decision to not use any capitals, I think once I've developed my language it may be easier and faster to write than the real language.

Exactly, a decoder will start testing out the simplest hypotheses, and letter substitution is one of them (especially if newspapers and puzzle pieces frequently publish them). You should aim to making it as simple for yourself as possible and at the same time as complex for them as possible. It's fairly easy to figure out some letters from common and easy words such as 'and' for instance, with 'an' and even 'a' being very common, so keep those sorts of things in mind. From there, whole words can be figured out and so more letters can be filled in. There shouldn't be any hints contained within what you've coded. In some cases people can see if a symbol is more likely to represent a vowel or consonant, and even if they get stuck, they might resort to trial and error. The double letter example for instance. It's way more likely that it would be a consonant. Or else 'ee' or 'oo'. All hints that should be avoided.

You could look up various encryption methods and maybe even mix them, sort of like a double encryption. :D

I think these sorts of things are fun. Let me know if I sound like I'm getting too carried away.:mellow:

I find it cool that you guys are into these type of methods as well, at first I thought I'd get flamed at for being too paranoid haha - but in fact I'm also approaching it with a sense of humor.