Create Own Secret Language Easily?

lamp

I'd like to create my own secret language for making notes, similar to how Davinci used to write in mirror handwriting. In this sense I'd like to ask you are there any known and easy ways to do just that? Writing in mirror writing is a bit too much of a hassle to me and people still can read it it just takes longer.

I thought of the idea of simply switching the alphabet with my own letters. The alphabet has only 20+ letters, so it would be easy to just switch them up with my own symbols and then I'd just have to train which symbol stands for which letter.

Any other good ideas you'd like to contribute?

hi dude

1.did you watch Ghost Writer (2010)? The code was on first alphabet in all chapters title of book! :D it's fantastic but not useful for you ;)

2. you can use text, same as this example :

new angry man exist, suit available home created!

mirror first alphabet for make : CHASEMAN :D

3.wrong alphabets at text but coded! i means you use wrong alphabet in text, example use Bouk for Book! and wrong alphabets make your code! :huh:

4.if your wrong alphabet didn't placed tandem, its better! for example use this "1-2-3-5-8-13-21" for place of your world with wrong alphabets for your code! :unsure: ( i think you don't understand me :D)

No no, I was speaking about a WHOLE language which I can use to write notes. I'm not looking into writing a single letter or something similar. I want to write notes similar to DaVinci.

My idea was that I swap the alphabet with my own symbols e.g.

N = ^^

B = []

S = <

just as examples, it would look like a mix of an asian language and western special characters.

It would not be readable on the first glance, but people would also have a hard time to decipher after investing significant amount of time into it.

Edited by chaseman

do you have a secret same as DaVinci? ;) (kidding)

if you can, write a story and hide your secret on story! think about it! I'm serious!

Asian Language? China or Japanese? i think persian and arabic alphabets it's not good!

سلام بر تو ای دوست من = Hello to you my friend :D

Edited by I♥Mathematics

do you have a secret same as DaVinci? ;) (kidding)

if you can, write a story and hide your secret on story! think about it! I'm serious!

Asian Language? China or Japanese? i think persian and arabic alphabets it's not good!

سلام بر تو ای دوست من = Hello to you my friend :D

You brought me to an idea, I could simply borrow some symbols from Asian languages and create my own language. I'd still use the same grammar and words from English I'd just swap the alphabet.

I was just thinking "how am I going to come up with symbols?", but I guess I'll just borrow symbols from other languages, I can also take russian as an inspiration.

Rot13 is just a simple inscription where you rotate the letters of the alphabet 13 times. Pretty much just changing letters, it's really simple. If you want something more difficult Futurama has 2 different alien language alphabets that you could use and not worry about someone knowing it unless they watch a lot of Futurama.

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/futurama.htm

http://slurmed.com/?p=aa/@aa&pag=2

Edited by Ringer

if you wanna to use same alphabet in other language that has a same voice in English, i tell to you Persian is fantastic choice!

for example for "S" you can use "ص" or "س" or "ث" ! :blink: it's hard for decoding!

i can help you if you need! my mother's language is Persian! trust me!

So you're really just looking for a cipher...

Since you apparently want to be able to type it, the Russian alphabet may be a really good choice for you. You could even make it a bit more random by NOT learning their alphabet, and instead equating it with the placement of their letters on your keyboard. Using windows, you have the option to install many different keyboards, and switch between them very easily...this could be done rather easily with Japanese, and using the katakana approximations of our sounds, but then any 日本人 could easily figure it out. With Russian, the keyboard layout is very different from the US standard Qwerty, so you could simply type in English, but it'd come out like this:

Еру йгшсл кув ащч огьзув щмук еру дфян икщцт вщпю

(The quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dog.) (period comes out as 'yu'--ю)

And, it'd still be complete gibberish to Russians.

I do my notes hand written, I don't really need to type them in.

I've already started gathering symbols and I'm proceeding quite good. There are many symbols which can be drawn easily and fast per hand on paper.

I think if you just do simple letter-to-symbol switches anybody can eventually decode what you've written if they've got a big enough sample. I think you should complicate things a bit more such as use just one symbol for common words such as "the", "and" etc. instead of a letter by letter substitution. And maybe a new whole symbol for commonly occurring couple of letters. For instance, in a word with double 't' such as 'letter', you could use just one symbol to mean 'tt' which would be different from two 't' symbols (which can actually facilitate any attempt to decode). Those sort of things will make your code more complex and throw people off track.

I also think that using alphabet symbols of existing languages is also a good one, especially if one that's recognisable or looks enough like an existing alphabet. Better to have one with not that many speakers avaliable. People will suspect that it is another language and not just a cipher. They might not bother with it because they would assume that they would have to speak the language to make sense of it or find someone who does.

Commit your symbols to memory, don't write them down, because once they're found...you've screwed up. ;)

Ever thought of using runes?

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/write_in_runes.html

With a key, you can learn it pretty much in an hour. Just get a newspaper and translate a few articles by hand and you'll know it before too long. There are also a few different rune alphabets available, so you can switch between different symbols for the same letter, much like I♥Mathematics suggested above. Or you could even mix one of the Asian alphabets, the Persian, runes and why not Egyptian hieroglyphs? If you can remember more than one sign for each letter, that'll make it trickier to work out.

I think if you just do simple letter-to-symbol switches anybody can eventually decode what you've written if they've got a big enough sample. I think you should complicate things a bit more such as use just one symbol for common words such as "the", "and" etc. instead of a letter by letter substitution. And maybe a new whole symbol for commonly occurring couple of letters. For instance, in a word with double 't' such as 'letter', you could use just one symbol to mean 'tt' which would be different from two 't' symbols (which can actually facilitate any attempt to decode). Those sort of things will make your code more complex and throw people off track.

I also think that using alphabet symbols of existing languages is also a good one, especially if one that's recognisable or looks enough like an existing alphabet. Better to have one with not that many speakers avaliable. People will suspect that it is another language and not just a cipher. They might not bother with it because they would assume that they would have to speak the language to make sense of it or find someone who does.

Commit your symbols to memory, don't write them down, because once they're found...you've screwed up. ;)

SilverPhinxx,

really good idea, I find the idea to use symbols for whole common words a good one, I'll take that over. And using its own symbols for double letters is a good one too.

Because that is where they could start deciphering it, by the double letters and other common noticeable marks, it will also save me time writing. I also made the decision to not use any capitals, I think once I've developed my language it may be easier and faster to write than the real language.

Chaseman , how could there be an unknown language if someone is going to tell you about it ? You need originality , you must invent what we have not got .

Edit : deletion of a question mark .

Edited by Hal.

The problem with simple letter substitution is that it's easy to decode. Newspapers often have "cryptograms" with famous quotes printed in a substitution cipher, and it takes just ten or twenty minutes to figure out the code.

I don't think it can be that easy to decode. If you have notes with a bunch of random symbols how are you going to know what the topic is? And keep in mind those are notes, the sentences do not have a real beginning or ending, phrases connected together. It may be able to sense what the notes are referring to, but I do not think people will be able to completely figure out what is going on in these notes.

Letter frequency is the easiest way. If you have a large sample of text (a couple pages), you just look for the most common symbol. That's probably E, R, or S. (Or something like that -- there are tables for this.) Now the second most common. Then you find common groups of symbols in small words -- like the same three symbols repeated -- which probably mean something like "the."

Before long you can crack the code. Here's a thorough explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_analysis