Implementation of a resource-based economy

Mr Rayon

Hey, what does everyone think about this old guy called Jacque Fresco?

I am unfamiliar with his background/credentials but in a nutshell he's proposing for a global resource based economy to be implemented instead of the current monetary system. He's been labelled as a 'genius' and also as an 'idealist'.

But what does everyone think? Is this actually possible?

Should we hate him, love him or oppose him? Is he too idealistic? Is he crazy?

Anybody heard of him and what do you guys think about his ideas/followers?

The Venus Project:

Zeitgeist Addendum

Zeitgeist Moving Forward

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/

Edited by Mr Rayon

I've heard of him and looked into some of his ideas. he is certainly an idealist; genius though, I think not.

i watched the Zeitgeist addendum movie with some enthusiasm. a lot of the information contained in the beginning of it, I was already aware of.

i as a bit disappointed to find out that the man billed as being a city planner/social engineer with many years experience, turned out to be some old guy in Florida who liked to draw pictures of futuristic looking towns.

That said, I still very much agree with the Zeitgeist movement. A transition from a debt based to a resource based economy would be beneficial to humankind. sadly, those who try to implement such a transition often find them selfs demonised or dead.

Hopefully more and more ordinary people will come to realise where the system is broken and work co-operatively to fix it.

Phase one is to expose those persons or organisations responsible for implementing and maintaining such a system.