CIA Kryptos - SOLVED!!!

us-tech.us

I'll have to agree with Swansont. I think your "solution" is a red herring offered up (somewhat tongue-in cheek) to those amateurs who think that the encryption is mostly "noise" (white, pink or otherwise).

Chris

Well, let's have a look at the supposed solutions. (Has Jim Sanborn agreed to these solutions? Not really!!!)

Solution 1: "BETWEEN SUBTLE SHADING AND THE ABSENCE OF LIGHT LIES THE NUANCE OF IQLUSION." - Nuance of Iqlusion??? That makes no sense. And is that a typo?

Solution 2: "IT WAS TOTALLY INVISIBLE HOWS THAT POSSIBLE ? THEY USED THE EARTHS MAGNETIC FIELD X THE INFORMATION WAS GATHERED AND TRANSMITTED UNDERGRUUND TO AN UNKNOWN LOCATION X DOES LANGLEY KNOW ABOUT THIS ? THEY SHOULD ITS BURIED OUT THERE SOMEWHERE X WHO KNOWS THE EXACT LOCATION ? ONLY WW THIS WAS HIS LAST MESSAGE X THIRTY EIGHT DEGREES FIFTY SEVEN MINUTES SIX POINT FIVE SECONDS NORTH SEVENTY SEVEN DEGREES EIGHT MINUTES FORTY FOUR SECONDS WEST X LAYER TWO" - Undergruund? Type? So, a commissioned sculptor leaves typos in a piece of art? I seriously doubt it.

Solution 3: "SLOWLY DESPARATLY SLOWLY THE REMAINS OF PASSAGE DEBRIS THAT ENCUMBERED THE LOWER PART OF THE DOORWAY WAS REMOVED WITH TREMBLING HANDS I MADE A TINY BREACH IN THE UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER AND THEN WIDENING THE HOLE A LITTLE I INSERTED THE CANDLE AND PEERED IN THE HOT AIR ESCAPING FROM THE CHAMBER CAUSED THE FLAME TO FLICKER BUT PRESENTLY DETAILS OF THE ROOM WITHIN EMERGED FROM THE MIST X CAN YOU SEE ANYTHING Q (?)" - Well that makes a lot of sense. And, yet another typo?

Solution 4: Oops.. they don't have that yet.

On the other hand, after 21 years, the CIA says they don't see any message there. Now I come along and say there is no message there. But, you guys are sharp. Don't let me sway you.

Oh... BTW, read this FBI coded message:

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/march/cryptanalysis_032911

I cracked that one, too. The guy suffered from brain seizures and was keeping a record. DE 75 NCBE means his last episode was in December, 75 days into his medication, and "no cause before episode."

Do you want to argue that one, too?

IMO this thread and every other post by us-tech.us is just spam for url deleted This thread was put here simply as an attempt to get clicks at url deleted I'd ban the user as a spammer.

Seems to me that adding deliberate misspellings to your code is a great way to slow down people trying to crack it.

I understand that is a common practice along with odd grammar that is still intelligible.

IMO this thread and every other post by us-tech.us is just spam for url deleted This thread was put here simply as an attempt to get clicks at url deleted I'd ban the user as a spammer.

But then you'd have to be banned, too, for posting those links. ;)

But then you'd have to be banned, too, for posting those links. ;)

Well that's peculiar. One of those links you've deleted from my post still stands in the OP. I'd quote that post but then I'd be reposting the link you deleted from me posy huh?

It looks like letters wrote on matter. I might be really smart and prosperous if I solve a rubix cube, am I right? IQ illusion prophaghanda or hyped up words to make something seem different than it really is sometimes.

• 2 years later...

Hello from Spain

I have a good solution for the last message of the sculpture, but I have not used a code.
I've only used the art of deduction according to the clues left by the sculptor

According to Occam's razor, the simplest solution to the mystery of the fourth and final message of the sculpture is this:

iF Letters 64-69 "NYPVTT" = "BERLIN" then K4 can be:

".....PEOPLE TO CREATE A SAFER FREER WORLD AND SURELY THERE IS NO BETTER PLACE THAN BERLIN THE MEETING PLACE OF EAST AND WEST."

— By Ronald Reagan, address at the Brandenburg Gate, June 12, 1987.

Because if K4 is a real text (like K3), then i should find key phrases/quotes related to Berlin (place). I look for the most important and beautiful texts (Kennedy & Reagan speeches)

And here I found this fragment:
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/ronaldreaganbrandenburggate.htm

He said:
Today, thus, represents a moment of hope …….PEOPLE TO CREATE A SAFER, FREER WORLD AND SURELY THERE IS NO BETTER PLACE THAN BERLIN THE MEETING PLACE OF EAST AND WEST, to make a start.”

SO, if K 3 has a question: ” …… can you see anythyngq?“. (The account of Howard Carter, the renowned Egyptologist, as he opened King Tut’stomb. --and breaking the WALL--)

THEN K 4 has an beatiful answer “ People to create a safer, freer world ……..”
( Reagan speech at the Berlin WALL)

This is a very nice/lovely solution but I have not a mathematical explanation.

Maybe you can help me to solve the last problem: THE CODE.

Bye

Joseph from Spain

• 6 years later...

I love how I click on “Solved” in a K4 forum but the author has zero research to offer... however, I’ll offer this:

Vigenere passphrase: QKFELYOIECBA

Pay attention to one known clue location: NYPVTTMZFPK

Decrypt output(QKFELYOIECBA)
EBHJTPNJYOGDHSNSXDPNFPCQYQBMDLBEUWWWPTBUZMRLKLLMPAMOCIJUTXIBZFVBERLINCLOCKEYNXQCNARPUGHDWNYSKLRKA

So, it’s definitely possible... grabbed this using a Bruceforce technique after mapping positions... 

Lol... that’s what the K4 decrypted as.. that passphrase places BERLINCLOCK in correct clue positions given by Sanborn, also read an article that it was as easy as ABC, end of that passphrase is “CBA” 

Edited by rjvalen