Where can I purchase an orogastric tube??

Green Xenon

Hi:

I'm about to lose it. I absolutely HATE the taste/smell of most healthy vegetables but I NEED to eat them for my physical health. I have a VitaMix blender that chopped these veggies into their molecular level. However, I still need to drink it to get it into my stomach -- this resulting NOXIOUS flavors cause me to vomit and make me extremely discouraged from maintaining a healthy diet.

There is only one way to get this nasty-yet-healthy concoction into my system without suffering and that is to use and orogastric tube.

An orogastric tube is a device goes into the mouth, and down the throat and finally into the stomach. This enables liquids to enter the stomach via the tube without me tasting or smelling them -- even in the absence of peristalsis.

Just where the $@## can I purchase an orogastric tube from?! I've googled like crazy, and there is NO place that I could find that sells such a miracle product.

Thanks so much,

GX

From having seen one applied many times, I can tell you that you don't want it. The experience is so unpleasant that you should resort to it only if you are going to starve otherwise. The trauma of using it -- unless you are a sword-swallower -- will unleash so many stress hormones that the net experience will be more unhealthy than just skipping your veggies. Vegetables are all right as a food but not vital for heath.

More important from a general health perspective is why you would vomit up vegetables in the first place? Are you predisposed to nausea and do you have this problem with other foods, or generally with foods containing a lot of fibre?

You can buy lots of medical equipment from used medical equipment suppliers, but it tends to be overpriced even when obtained second hand since the original customers were intended to be clinics, hospitals, and doctors, all of whom are assumed to have no negotiating room over the price.

More important from a general health perspective is why you would vomit up vegetables in the first place? Are you predisposed to nausea and do you have this problem with other foods, or generally with foods containing a lot of fibre?

Fiber content isn't of much relevance, I just have an aversion to most vegetables. This smell and mouth feel are so atrocious that they make me gag.