red/orange colours flash in peripheral vision.. any ideas?!

Hi every one, I am interested as to whether any one knows of/ what causes this phenomenon. I always wanted to ask the vision science professors in uni but thought they might think i was a bit strange haha. Basically anything coloured red or orange that is in my peripheral vision flashes constantly. For example I am sitting at my desk now and there is a red plastic flower to my left that is flashing (I will turn it round the other way soon, it gets annoying!) yet there is a bright pink photo frame next to it that doesn't do the same. If i'm reading and there's something red lower on the page it will flash like mad. I also avoid orange highlighters when i'm doing work! Does any one else experience this and what causes it?

• 5 weeks later...

Honestly, I get that with dark red and blue next to each other, and it's just a matter of being red-green colorblind (60%). It's because my brain is only getting enough information every other cycle or so to distinguish the color.