Fast and Furious

Realitycheck

This is really turning into an absurd quandary of how to get things done. I just read this new report, though it was an opinion piece, on Fox describing how there were NOT little beacons in the stocks to track their whereabouts, directly contradicting another report several weeks ago. This was kind of central to the story, since without the trackers, the only way to follow action on the guns is to chance upon them in a random bust. It is really unthinkable to just provide unfettered arms dealing to cartels. The whole system in the first place leaves a lot to desired in terms of sensibility. What could they be smoking? It almost seems like a Republican setup to make him look bad.

Edited by Realitycheck

Reality; Not claiming it was, but what if the purpose (opposed to excuse after being caught) was to BLAME unfeathered sales of guns in the US not only for violence in Mexico, but violence in general in the US, an attack on Amendment #2 USC.

Since the whole program was designed to send guns across the border, to the hands of the enemy, I might add, I really don't see what your point is. Are you just sticking up for 2nd Amendment rights, that Americans should be able to sell guns indiscriminately because of Constitutional rights, to anybody and everybody, especially since they're going across the border, even in light of these unique circumstances? Let em kill em all? (Mexican police, American police, any police that are in the way of a severely corrupt society?) Surely, I am missing something here. I am just not following you.

Since the whole program was designed to send guns across the border, to the hands of the enemy, I might add, I really don't see what your point is. Are you just sticking up for 2nd Amendment rights, that Americans should be able to sell guns indiscriminately because of Constitutional rights, to anybody and everybody, especially since they're going across the border, even in light of these unique circumstances? Let em kill em all? (Mexican police, American police, any police that are in the way of a severely corrupt society?) Surely, I am missing something here. I am just not following you.

• 10 months later...

Really, the biggest potential motives i am seeing in this is that 1) More guns equals more overall cartel violence equals less cartel members, and 2) Any busts involved where the cartel member happens to be armed will put them away for much longer. It is kind of hard to believe that any law enforcement officials would stoop to that level, but maybe its about certain factions trying to put that stain under Obama's presidency. Any other ideas? Anybody else see how the instigators of this program could have passed it off as acceptable and moral or is it just a shortsighted mistake that killed one of our own. Anybody believe that it would have survived if that agent had not been killed? It kind of reminds me of the classic black ops story, only this involves the DEA.

This makes me wonder if the DEA is in the entrapment business with drugs. It certainly alludes to it.

Edited by Realitycheck