Making upside-down glasses

Protium

I'm trying to make glasses for inverting vision so I can do the experiment where the brain gets used to inverted vision. I can't figure out how the mirrors would be arranged, and how to make sure the image is just like it's going directly in the eyes, except it is inverted.

I don't need help with making the glasses, I just need to know how the mirrors would be arranged.

Edited by Protium

But how would I capture the light in front of me that normally goes in my eyes, and turn it upside down?

A lens would make an inverted image. You can't capture light and invert it.

Sorry, double post deleted.

Edited by rktpro

With normal glasses your eye is on one side of the focal point, basically modifying the focal length of the eye by a small amount. If it's on the other, an inverted image is seen, this effect is much easier to observe if the lens has a short focal length. e.g. a 1 diopter lens has a focal length of a meter. Try something with a focal length of around a centimeter, and held further away from the eye than that.

Shorter version: Have you ever looked through a magnifying glass (on a distant object)?