Are Evangelicals and conservative Christians the Anti-Christ?

Greatest I am

Yes. If Luther meant what I presume you think he meant, then this is a damning indictment of his religion. And perhaps many of his readers interpret his words to mean that we should never examine our religious beliefs with our God-given brains and minds. We must have been given them for some other purpose. But let's face it, there would be no religion without our brains and minds, and the idea is just plain daft.

I prefer to read these words in such a way that they are not a crtiticsm of reason per se, but of the way it can so easily confuse us, especially if we are clever, and not a dismissal of reason as a useful and effective guide to truth, but a warning that reason has its limits as a means of acquiring knowledge, which is only what Aristotle and Kant tell us. If these were the words of a Zen master then this would be the only plausible interpretation.

My feeling is that use the phrase 'anti-christ' in the question is not helpful, to put it mildly. Any chance of an edit?

My answer to it would be that the idea of an anti-Christ is ad hoc. If you're asking whether the evangelical movement in the USA is helping the Christian cause, then I'd have to say I can't be sure. The relationship between religion and politics seems to distort and muddle the issues beyond all understanding. But I don't think they're trying to do the opposite, so my answer would have to be no.

Does this information change your mind?

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9

Promoting death to Gays.

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.

Fight them when you can.

Regards

DL

Your view is surprising to me. You believe in the existence of an anti-Christ and evil, which are not ideas that have much use outside of the orthodoxy that you so despise. It seems like cheating to believe some of their doctrine just in order to criticise the rest. Then you say that to believe in fantasy is evil, while clearly believing completely in your own, and are so completely sure that in your case it is not a fanmtasy that you feel able to denounce others as evil. Are you suggesting we burn them at the stake?

Edited by PeterJ

Your view is surprising to me. You believe in the existence of an anti-Christ and evil,

Hell no.

I take a literal view of scripture when writing an O P. I do not believe in a literal or historic bible.

To me it is all myth and fantasy. I do have some respect for it as a book of wisdom but that would be all.

As to evil. Sure there is some about but all man made.

Natural evils are just that. Natural. For something to be evil, it has to have sentience driving whatever it is therefore naural evil are poorly named.

which are not ideas that have much use outside of the orthodoxy that you so despise. It seems like cheating to believe some of their doctrine just in order to criticise the rest. Then you say that to believe in fantasy is evil, while clearly believing completely in your own, and are so completely sure that in your case it is not a fanmtasy that you feel able to denounce others as evil. Are you suggesting we burn them at the stake?

That’s an idea.

No. I venerate life and that is why I do not like to see literalists waste their mind in foolish belief.

As a religionist with a belief in a cosmic consciousness, some atheists will class me with a supernatural belief though. This, even as I state that what I know of the cosmic consciousness is all natural. It does put me between a rock and a hard place but since 95% of my views match there’s, they eventually forgive me because I have no dogma to sell and do not push for a belief in what I know I cannot prove. I offer my view as an anecdotal rendering only for those who are interested.

Regards

DL

If you made all this apparent by your use of language you'd meet less opposition. Even telling people they're 'wasting their time in foolish beliefs' is not consistent with 'offering your views for those who are interested'. This is clearly fighting talk. I can agree with some of what you say but find the extremism distasteful. Many so-say foolish evangelical Christians will live more Christian lives than you or I.

Are Evangelicals and conservative Christians the Anti-Christ?

In the tribal conditions of the ancient world, it is not surprising that Christians would be hated.

Revelation shows the destruction of all except God's chosen. Evangelicals and literalists, pray for this genocidal destruction to happen in their lifetimes. That is a lot of hate coming from those who profess to love all of mankind. Some would say that these so called Christians, are not of good heart and do not follow their own religion, bible or a loving Christ.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Some would in fact say that these Christians are traitors to the society they hate.

In the old tribal days, and even today, those who do not believe as Evangelicals, literalists and conservative Christians do, would see these as traitors and haters and would get their backs up, as most humans being would automatically do, and hate these Christian traitors right back. It is no wonder then, and some ancients would say quite fittingly, that these traitors should be fed to the lions. Hate being returned for the hate that these Christians show to society.

It is not too surprising then to see why Christians were persecuted in the old days. They deserved it as far as the other tribes were concerned as they were showing hate for all others in wishing and praying for their death in this life as well as everlasting torture for eternity in the next.

What a game for your God to play if such were true!

Create a place for eternal bliss as well as a place for eternal suffering.

Then create beings whom he loves dearly and watches over.

And in the end, decide which to consider "trash" and "throw away" into the place for eternal suffering and which to cling to and love in the place for eternal bliss.

Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible.

Evangelicals and followers of Jesus should thank God that they live in a world that has lost some of it's tribal ways, not themselves of course, and society allow these who hate them so much, to remain untouched in today's environment.

These Evangelicals and literalist believers think themselves as followers of Christ yet Christ was of love while they are of hate. They are anti their own bible as shown with Rom 12;21. If the bible is the word of God as they believe it is, then they are anti-bible and therefore, biblically speaking, Anti-Christ. They definitely are not cut from the same cloth that Jesus was.

Are these Evangelicals and literalist believers the Anti-Christ of scripture?

Is the term traitors to humanity a fitting label for these misguided Christians?

Regards

DL

Yeah, I see a lot of hypercritical-ism with religion, but its also pretty hard to do EVERYTHING according to an ancient religion. There's also lifestyles, so if people are use to a violent lifestyle, they are more desensitized to violence. This also happens with religion though too. People who are generally raised on very strict religios teachings will likely follow those teachings later in life.

Edited by questionposter

If you made all this apparent by your use of language you'd meet less opposition. Even telling people they're 'wasting their time in foolish beliefs' is not consistent with 'offering your views for those who are interested'. This is clearly fighting talk. I can agree with some of what you say but find the extremism distasteful. Many so-say foolish evangelical Christians will live more Christian lives than you or I.

You are right in your critique. No argument.

I do work hard to change and implement some of the issues you speak to and sometimes succeed and are given kudos. At the same time, for the same post, I am shat on.

Further, doing all that you suggest would make the O P TLTR and would be ignored.

I have looked for a ghost writer but without success so I live with what is.

It is said that those who know more than one language always have a harder time being understood. I find it true.

Regards

DL

Yeah, I see a lot of hypercritical-ism with religion, but its also pretty hard to do EVERYTHING according to an ancient religion. There's also lifestyles, so if people are use to a violent lifestyle, they are more desensitized to violence. This also happens with religion though too. People who are generally raised on very strict religios teachings will likely follow those teachings later in life.

It is said that those who know more than one language always have a harder time being understood. I find it true.

Or rebel against them.

Note the U S. A Christian nation, has some of the highest incarceration rates in the world.

Personally, I think religion has little to do with us as the huge majority follow secular laws and not biblical ones.

Thank God, so to speak, for that since most religious laws are crap.

Regards

DL