Are Evangelicals and conservative Christians the Anti-Christ?

Greatest I am

In the tribal conditions of the ancient world, it is not surprising that Christians would be hated.

Revelation shows the destruction of all except God’s chosen. Evangelicals and literalists, pray for this genocidal destruction to happen in their lifetimes. That is a lot of hate coming from those who profess to love all of mankind. Some would say that these so called Christians, are not of good heart and do not follow their own religion, bible or a loving Christ.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Some would in fact say that these Christians are traitors to the society they hate.

In the old tribal days, and even today, those who do not believe as Evangelicals, literalists and conservative Christians do, would see these as traitors and haters and would get their backs up, as most humans being would automatically do, and hate these Christian traitors right back. It is no wonder then, and some ancients would say quite fittingly, that these traitors should be fed to the lions. Hate being returned for the hate that these Christians show to society.

It is not too surprising then to see why Christians were persecuted in the old days. They deserved it as far as the other tribes were concerned as they were showing hate for all others in wishing and praying for their death in this life as well as everlasting torture for eternity in the next.

What a game for your God to play if such were true!

Create a place for eternal bliss as well as a place for eternal suffering.

Then create beings whom he loves dearly and watches over.

And in the end, decide which to consider "trash" and "throw away" into the place for eternal suffering and which to cling to and love in the place for eternal bliss.

Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible.

Evangelicals and followers of Jesus should thank God that they live in a world that has lost some of it’s tribal ways, not themselves of course, and society allow these who hate them so much, to remain untouched in today’s environment.

These Evangelicals and literalist believers think themselves as followers of Christ yet Christ was of love while they are of hate. They are anti their own bible as shown with Rom 12;21. If the bible is the word of God as they believe it is, then they are anti-bible and therefore, biblically speaking, Anti-Christ. They definitely are not cut from the same cloth that Jesus was.

Are these Evangelicals and literalist believers the Anti-Christ of scripture?

Is the term traitors to humanity a fitting label for these misguided Christians?

Regards

DL

And in the end, decide which to consider "trash" and "throw away" into the place for eternal suffering and which to cling to and love in the place for eternal bliss.

Evangelicals and followers of Jesus should thank God that they live in a world that has lost some of it’s tribal ways, not themselves of course, and society allow these who hate them so much, to remain untouched in today’s environment.

These Evangelicals and literalist believers think themselves as followers of Christ yet Christ was of love while they are of hate. They are anti their own bible as shown with Rom 12;21. If the bible is the word of God as they believe it is, then they are anti-bible and therefore, biblically speaking, Anti-Christ. They definitely are not cut from the same cloth that Jesus was.

Regards

DL

umm.... Men throw away people too. Ever hear of abortion?

The other part seems that it could be paraphrased, "why would a loving God punish people". You've said this numerous times already in many different posts. We concluded that we had different definitions of the word punish. I'll include the definition from merriam webster. 1 a : to impose a penalty on for a fault, offense, or violation b : to inflict a penalty for the commission of (an offense) in retribution or retaliation

2 a : to deal with roughly or harshly b : to inflict injury on : hurt

intransitive verb

: to inflict punishment

• 1 month later...

Revelation shows the destruction of all except God's chosen. Evangelicals and literalists, pray for this genocidal destruction to happen in their lifetimes. That is a lot of hate coming from those who profess to love all of mankind. Some would say that these so called Christians, are not of good heart and do not follow their own religion, bible or a loving Christ.

From my own experience, I don't recall meeting an Evangelical Christian (or any Christian, for that matter [or anyone at all]) who prayed for that because they wished for peoples' destruction. Actually, I don't recall meeting a Christian who prayed for that day at all (for it's not supposed to be a very smooth transition, if you'll recall what Scripture says). But if there are Evangelicals or theological literalists who do pray for that, I imagine it's because they would like to be in Heaven, not because they would like other people to be in Hell.

umm.... Men throw away people too. Ever hear of abortion?

The other part seems that it could be paraphrased, "why would a loving God punish people". You've said this numerous times already in many different posts. We concluded that we had different definitions of the word punish. I'll include the definition from merriam webster. 1 a : to impose a penalty on for a fault, offense, or violation b : to inflict a penalty for the commission of (an offense) in retribution or retaliation

2 a : to deal with roughly or harshly b : to inflict injury on : hurt

intransitive verb

: to inflict punishment

On abortion.

Perhaps if God showed he venerated life, his followers would as well.

Further, abortion is of the unborn. God is shown as killing the born. Your scenario is thus not a good one. Apples and oranges.

I also know what punishment is. It is the purpose that I question. Infinite torture is punishment but without purpose to that punishment, it is done purely for retribution and is of no benefit to the victim. We punish to change attitudes and actions and when we succeed, we end the retribution. Your God does not and can therefore be said to just torture for the cruelty of it.

Regards

DL

From my own experience, I don't recall meeting an Evangelical Christian (or any Christian, for that matter [or anyone at all]) who prayed for that because they wished for peoples' destruction. Actually, I don't recall meeting a Christian who prayed for that day at all (for it's not supposed to be a very smooth transition, if you'll recall what Scripture says). But if there are Evangelicals or theological literalists who do pray for that, I imagine it's because they would like to be in Heaven, not because they would like other people to be in Hell.

They cannot have one without the other.

Revelation and the four horsemen are not bringing good but evil.

Even if just praying for their tribe to go to heaven. I think it better to shovel coal in hell than to spend eternity watching friends, neighbors and our children in torture and flame forever.

Only a sick mind would conceive of such a situation or wish it upon anyone.

That is why God would not do such because then, heaven would be hell.

If those in heaven did not go insane then they could not have once been human or good.

Regards

DL

Revelation shows the destruction of all except God’s chosen.

Patently false. I suggest you reread. It is quite clear that the judgements will befall ALL the Earth, newly-converted Christians and unbelievers alike. There are some judgements which only target those who blaspheme God and refuse repenting, but most are not selective. How could you get such a fundamental concept incorrect?

Evangelicals and literalists, pray for this genocidal destruction to happen in their lifetimes. That is a lot of hate coming from those who profess to love all of mankind. Some would say that these so called Christians, are not of good heart and do not follow their own religion, bible or a loving Christ.

Praying for the return of Christ and the Millenial Kingdom is not the same as wishing God's judgement on the world. You have a real problem with fallacies of equicovations. You often try to equate things that are not even remotely similar.

In the old tribal days, and even today,

Everything you say after this is irrelevant because we AREN'T in the old tribal days anymore. I'm honored to be the one to tell you this fact.

It is not too surprising then to see why Christians were persecuted in the old days. They deserved it as far as the other tribes were concerned as they were showing hate for all others in wishing and praying for their death in this life as well as everlasting torture for eternity in the next.

Again. None of this is true. Where do you get the thoughts for these ill-conceived rants? Do you know anything of the history of Christianity?

According to modern interpretations of the Bible, everyone has a choice. The decision is theirs. It's a REALLY simple concept. Just think about it for a few minutes. I know that, even you, will be able to understand it.

There are some fundamentalists in Christianity, yes. They are full of hate, like all fundamentalists everywhere. This does not prove your point as the vast majority of Christians only concern themselves with Jesus' promise of salvation.

If you had actually read Scripture, you would see that they do not fit the descriptions of the Antichrist, the beast, or the false prophet. Your point is refuted by a remedial understanding of end-times theology.

Revelation and the four horsemen are not bringing good but evil.

The horsemen are accepted metaphors for world wars, droughts, famines, and widespread diseases. All the fault of man. I can recommend several good books that explain Revelation in high school terms, if you wish.

Edited by A Tripolation

Most perhaps, but not by much. http://www.gallup.co...first-time.aspx

I am not sure just how firmly those who believe in pro life are.

I think that a survey like that should include a question that pertains to the ways and means of implementation of a new system.

By that I mean, they should ask if people are willing to put their money where their mouth is and pay the extra taxes for all the orphanages and staff that would be required to have a pro life country. That and you will know of all the abuse that usually follows such places and the social costs in terms of criminality that come out of them.

These offset the benefits quite a bit.

Regards

DL

Patently false. I suggest you reread. It is quite clear that the judgements will befall ALL the Earth, newly-converted Christians and unbelievers alike. There are some judgements which only target those who blaspheme God and refuse repenting, but most are not selective. How could you get such a fundamental concept incorrect?

Praying for the return of Christ and the Millenial Kingdom is not the same as wishing God's judgement on the world. You have a real problem with fallacies of equicovations. You often try to equate things that are not even remotely similar.

Everything you say after this is irrelevant because we AREN'T in the old tribal days anymore. I'm honored to be the one to tell you this fact.

Again. None of this is true. Where do you get the thoughts for these ill-conceived rants? Do you know anything of the history of Christianity?

According to modern interpretations of the Bible, everyone has a choice. The decision is theirs. It's a REALLY simple concept. Just think about it for a few minutes. I know that, even you, will be able to understand it.

There are some fundamentalists in Christianity, yes. They are full of hate, like all fundamentalists everywhere. This does not prove your point as the vast majority of Christians only concern themselves with Jesus' promise of salvation.

If you had actually read Scripture, you would see that they do not fit the descriptions of the Antichrist, the beast, or the false prophet. Your point is refuted by a remedial understanding of end-times theology.

You are quite the wanabe apologist.

All you can do is attack my personal knowledge without coming up with the reasoned argument to refute much of anything.

If all you can come up with is such, we have nothing to discuss.

I will answer the one comment you made though.

You indicated that we all choose our destination. Heaven or hell.

Most non believers do not believe in these.

If they die and are finally faced with all the facts, and face such a real choice, how many do you think are insane enough to choose everlasting torture and flame?

Only the insane would make such a choice and if God punishes insane people, he would be on unjust S O B.

Regards

DL

Edited by Greatest I am

...Evangelicals and literalists, pray for this genocidal destruction to happen in their lifetimes.

...Some would say that these so called Christians, are not of good heart and do not follow their own religion, bible or a loving Christ.

...those who do not believe as Evangelicals, literalists and conservative Christians do, would see these as traitors and haters and would get their backs up, as most humans being would automatically do, and hate these Christian traitors right back.

...It is not too surprising then to see why Christians were persecuted in the old days.

Wow, you paint evangelicals and conservatives with a broad brush — and it gives a false impression.

And no wonder, because it's the very few wackos who make the news, while plenty of evangelicals and conservatives are out there doing wonderful things that don't make the news because their work doesn't have enough "shock value" that the world so eagerly craves.

Consider for example, the Mennonite Disaster Service, whose volunteers — without any fanfare — appear after a disaster, perform their services, and go home. Then there's that govt/media guy who purposely didn't want to show Christians doing good things. And consider the mindnumbing grace and forgiveness by the Amish immediately following their school massacre. Even during the massacre, one of the girls volunteered her life to save others.

Edited by ewmon

All you can do is attack my personal knowledge without coming up with the reasoned argument to refute much of anything.

I refuted every point you made. If you can't understand that by reading my post, then that is your problem. You're like the people who post in Speculations who try to disprove relativity, when they do not even understand all that relativity implies.

Most non believers do not believe in these.

If they die and are finally faced with all the facts, and face such a real choice, how many do you think are insane enough to choose everlasting torture and flame?

I don't think they will have a choice when they die. They choose heaven or hell while on Earth. Good, loving, compassionate people have helped to fulfill Jesus' wish, and in doing so, they are as Christians. They will go to heaven. Those who were malevolent, hurtful, and violent have done nothing but prove that they are unworthy of God's final promise.

Again. Your point is refuted by one variation of Christianity.

Wow, you paint evangelicals and conservatives with a broad brush — and it gives a false impression.

And no wonder, because it's the very few wackos who make the news, while plenty of evangelicals and conservatives are out there doing wonderful things that don't make the news because their work doesn't have enough "shock value" that the world so eagerly craves.

Consider for example, the Mennonite Disaster Service, whose volunteers — without any fanfare — appear after a disaster, perform their services, and go home. Then there's that govt/media guy who purposely didn't want to show Christians doing good things. And consider the mindnumbing grace and forgiveness by the Amish immediately following their school massacre. Even during the massacre, one of the girls volunteered her life to save others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYigmGyN2RQ&feature=youtu.be

I have no problem with churches and recognize the good works they do in term of community.

My bug is the way they teach of God.

Most rely on fantasy, miracles and magic and that is the cause of much evil.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9

Promoting death to Gays.

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.

Fight them when you can.

Regards

I refuted every point you made. If you can't understand that by reading my post, then that is your problem. You're like the people who post in Speculations who try to disprove relativity, when they do not even understand all that relativity implies.

I don't think they will have a choice when they die. They choose heaven or hell while on Earth. Good, loving, compassionate people have helped to fulfill Jesus' wish, and in doing so, they are as Christians. They will go to heaven. Those who were malevolent, hurtful, and violent have done nothing but prove that they are unworthy of God's final promise.

Again. Your point is refuted by one variation of Christianity.

Not while your God is not a God of full disclosure so that people can make the choice you say they have to make here.

Your God is a hidding absentee God and if such a God would torture those in hell who do not believe in his absentee ass, then he is a SOB God fit only for immoral followers.

Regards

DL

Your God is a hidding absentee God and if such a God would torture those in hell who do not believe in his absentee ass, then he is a SOB God fit only for immoral followers.

!

Moderator Note

I will remind you of general rule 1c — Slurs or prejudice against any group of people (or person) are prohibited and religion rule 1 — don't make it personal/don't attack believers.

Dial it back.

Do not derail this thread further by responding to this warning

You make vague generalizations, so please explain yourself.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9

Promoting death to Gays.

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.

Fight them when you can.

All of the above are basically cause by belief in fantasy, miracles, magic and witches.

If you do not see it, I can break it down further for you.

Regards

DL

...I...really? I have tried to make this as clear and simple as humanly possible. I have attempted to explain it to you multiple times. And each time, you retaliate with some sort of incomprehensible nonsense. So. Pay attention this time.

Your god(s) is(are) no more logical or rational than any other god(s). ALL BELIEF IN ANY TRANSCENDENTAL ENTITY OR ENTITIES IS IRRATIONAL.

Edited by A Tripolation

• 1 month later...

In the tribal conditions of the ancient world, it is not surprising that Christians would be hated.

Revelation shows the destruction of all except God's chosen. Evangelicals and literalists, pray for this genocidal destruction to happen in their lifetimes. That is a lot of hate coming from those who profess to love all of mankind. Some would say that these so called Christians, are not of good heart and do not follow their own religion, bible or a loving Christ.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Some would in fact say that these Christians are traitors to the society they hate.

In the old tribal days, and even today, those who do not believe as Evangelicals, literalists and conservative Christians do, would see these as traitors and haters and would get their backs up, as most humans being would automatically do, and hate these Christian traitors right back. It is no wonder then, and some ancients would say quite fittingly, that these traitors should be fed to the lions. Hate being returned for the hate that these Christians show to society.

What a game for your God to play if such were true!

Evangelicals and followers of Jesus should thank God that they live in a world that has lost some of it's tribal ways, not themselves of course, and society allow these who hate them so much, to remain untouched in today's environment.

Is the term traitors to humanity a fitting label for these misguided Christians?

Regards

DL

The bible calls these one the man of lawlessness. This term comes from the Pharisees. They were to despence the Law, to the people. But they made up theri own rules (laws). That is the same today in Chrsitendom, they are to despence the teachings of Jesus, but make up theri own ideas. That is why the bible calls then the man of lawlessness.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-5

New International Version (NIV)

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?

I

The bible calls these one the man of lawlessness. This term comes from the Pharisees. They were to despence the Law, to the people. But they made up theri own rules (laws). That is the same today in Chrsitendom, they are to despence the teachings of Jesus, but make up theri own ideas. That is why the bible calls then the man of lawlessness.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-5

New International Version (NIV)

3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?

So many strangers to watch for . Quite the riddle the Bible plays.

Yet your God keeps hiding in the bushes.

Regards

DL

I

So many strangers to watch for . Quite the riddle the Bible plays.

Yet your God keeps hiding in the bushes.

Regards

DL

The reason the bible is written that way is that, God is looking for ones that want to find him, and then he can give it to the ones he wants.

But everyone gets a chance. But God gave man to try their own way of ruling, no one can say they didn't have a chance to try it. We see the results of that.

The reason the bible is written that way is that, God is looking for ones that want to find him, and then he can give it to the ones he wants.

But everyone gets a chance. But God gave man to try their own way of ruling, no one can say they didn't have a chance to try it. We see the results of that.

Quite the contradiction there.

If we all get a chance then God is not restricted to giving it to only those he wants.

Your theology breaks down everywhere you post.

Do try to think before you write.

Regards

DL

Quite the contradiction there.

If we all get a chance then God is not restricted to giving it to only those he wants.

Your theology breaks down everywhere you post.

Do try to think before you write.

Regards

DL

Where's the contradiction?

• 3 weeks later...
Greatest I Am ... "It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. "

I'm with you all the way on this one. It is impossible to make a sensible argument for religion when there is so much nonsense spoken about it to confuse the issues. It's embarrassing that so many people are prepared to evangelicise vigorously for a view they do not know is true, and for which thay have no supporting arguments other than to refer to a book. It is profoundly dishonest, however well motivated. Whatever happened to logic and reason?

Why do so many people suppose that we must abandon our rationality when it comes to religion, as if religion is somehow unable to defend itself from rational scepticism? When the Europeans arrived in the Americas the natives were astonished to discover that they took their religion from a book and argued about like lawyers, and it's not much less astonishing today. If a person thinks religion is nonsense then I will disagree with them, but I will sympathise completely with the temptation to reach this conclusion, given the way so many of its proponents attempt to pass off book-learning as knowledge.

Rant over...

I'm with you all the way on this one. It is impossible to make a sensible argument for religion when there is so much nonsense spoken about it to confuse the issues. It's embarrassing that so many people are prepared to evangelicise vigorously for a view they do not know is true, and for which thay have no supporting arguments other than to refer to a book. It is profoundly dishonest, however well motivated. Whatever happened to logic and reason?

Why do so many people suppose that we must abandon our rationality when it comes to religion, as if religion is somehow unable to defend itself from rational scepticism? When the Europeans arrived in the Americas the natives were astonished to discover that they took their religion from a book and argued about like lawyers, and it's not much less astonishing today. If a person thinks religion is nonsense then I will disagree with them, but I will sympathise completely with the temptation to reach this conclusion, given the way so many of its proponents attempt to pass off book-learning as knowledge.

Rant over...

Good to see you agree.

As to your question on reason and logic, here is the usual place that theists put them.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.

Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Martin Luther

I guess we are whores.

Regards

DL

Yes. If Luther meant what I presume you think he meant, then this is a damning indictment of his religion. And perhaps many of his readers interpret his words to mean that we should never examine our religious beliefs with our God-given brains and minds. We must have been given them for some other purpose. But let's face it, there would be no religion without our brains and minds, and the idea is just plain daft.

I prefer to read these words in such a way that they are not a crtiticsm of reason per se, but of the way it can so easily confuse us, especially if we are clever, and not a dismissal of reason as a useful and effective guide to truth, but a warning that reason has its limits as a means of acquiring knowledge, which is only what Aristotle and Kant tell us. If these were the words of a Zen master then this would be the only plausible interpretation.

My feeling is that use the phrase 'anti-christ' in the question is not helpful, to put it mildly. Any chance of an edit?

My answer to it would be that the idea of an anti-Christ is ad hoc. If you're asking whether the evangelical movement in the USA is helping the Christian cause, then I'd have to say I can't be sure. The relationship between religion and politics seems to distort and muddle the issues beyond all understanding. But I don't think they're trying to do the opposite, so my answer would have to be no.