Man Pees, Reservoir Drained

PhDwannabe

The BBC is a long way from the states and stories can get corrupted in transmission.

I still can't understand why they would bother to treat water, then leave it "out in the rain" before sending it to consumers.

I don't quite understand how people drink it, honestly.

I suspect maybe the reservoir needed cleaning anyhow (dead animal carcasses!?!), and this guy caught on tape provided a particularly good reason to clean it at that point (due to public perception), and perhaps even to pay for it.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/124040429.html

The Portland Water Bureau does have a plan to cover the reservoirs to comply with federal regulations, although it is trying to get a waiver so they don't have to spend the millions it will take to do that.

Maybe this guy should be praised for helping raise awareness :)

Mr Seater, the bloke who took a leak in the first place, seems to be the only one talking sense here.

I would be interested to know what Mr Seater said. Was he apologetic or was it along the lines of "You people p*** me off"?

I would be interested to know what Mr Seater said. Was he apologetic or was it along the lines of "You people p*** me off"?

In one of the videos (here: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/16/portland-draining-reservoir-after-man-urinates-in-it/) he seems to be very reasonable and apologetic. Also, he states: "I wouldn't mind paying for it, but I don't have a job right now. But I'm willing to do community service to clean up the place because I do feel bad and feel stupid about doing it.."

Sounds like he really is the only reasonable voice in this.

I don't quite understand how people drink it, honestly.

Because the moto is:

"From forest to faucet, The portland Water Bureau delivers the best drinking water in the world."

--------------------------

further information here.

Oregon Health Authority Responds to Commissioner Randy Leonard’s Request for Definitive Guidance Regarding Open Reservoirs
Edited by michel123456

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.