College Majors...best..easiest..lucrative?

T_FLeX

I do agree that you have to be from a good university (which I am lucky to be in - the best in the country), but once you satisfy that good university criterion, isn't a cs graduate expected to earn more than a maths graduate ?

I would expect that since a lot of maths graduates go into finance, and the fact that a lot of people graduating with compsci degrees can't get a job as easily as they could, this wouldn't necessarily be true.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do not have a degree in anything very lucrative due to my needing a MS or PhD to get anwhere with Marine Science, but like a poster quoted earlier, Money isn't everything and having a rather good base of maritime industry knowledge and oceanographic instrument handling/usage know how is all I need. Besides, until I decide I want to get a PhD and teach, going to sea for 3-9 months of the year is right up my alley, as I cannot get enough of working on or near the ocean.

• 2 years later...

I'm at the same place you are Mason just going to a small college for a few years and then transferring because of my budget. I don't want to take out to many student loans and be in debt for the rest of my life. I just want to finish up school already and start working so I can be living a debt free life. Do you know of any special scholarships or grants I can apply for last minute?