The levels of consciousness.

kontantin

Infinite levels of consciousness and energy.

"The plants exist on levels of consciousness from one through seven. They are on a vibrational rate on the levels one through seven. It is the same pattern.

Animals exist on the levels of consciousness from eight through fourteen, and when a person attains, when a consciousness attains level fourteen, it can no longer go any higher unless it is willing to change its form of consciousness.

Levels of consciousness from fifteen through twenty-one are what you call human life on this earth.

When a person progresses to level of consciousness twenty one, he then has the choice of going higher or staying within the realm of human form, but he cannot go higher unless he is willing to give up human form."

"Far Journeys" R. Monroe. From experience "out of body".

Chemical and physiological processes provide energy for low levels of consciousness.

The subtle energy of the universe provide energy for higher levels (when we is "out of body", Soul ascension, 28 or more levels) of consciousness through the chakras system.

We can see how the structure of the chakras system becomes more complex in the development process animal and humans. Levels of consciousness and energy are determined by the level (complexity) of the organization.

"A form of dynamic energy yet to be identified and measured by main stream human civilization is present in all carbon-based organic life. It is this essence in organized form that enters the physical body prior to birth and departs at death presumably more educated and with a minimum of wear and tear. The difference between the human version and that of a cow or a worm is only a degree of complexity of such organization."

"Far Journeys" R. Monroe.

Infinite expansion of consciousness.

"And then once a person or a consciousness we are talking about consciousness--reaches level twenty-eight, the bridge is crossed, and from that point on for a consciousness to evolve higher, it would not again assume human form of any kind, not even as a learning experience.

I will never incarnate again as a human--as another form of life, yes, but not as a human.

The words are very hard because your plan of existence is not the same. Perhaps I can explain it by asking you to image seven of the circles, which would give you the forty-nine levels.

The first three levels of consciousness are physical matter as you know physical matter. They are your plants, your animals, your humans.

The fourth circle is your bridge, your realm, your center for that overall plan. It is the time in which a consciousness can choose whether to go back into the lower levels or to transcend into the higher levels, and many consciousnesses do choose to go back into the lower levels in physical form.

The upper three circles are the realm that in your consciousness is called the spiritual realm, and here much of the work is done. See: Causal, Buddhic & Atmic bodies

I could not help someone who was not on the eighteenth level very much because my plan, my vibrational rate would be different. This is why it is hard for me to help you with specific problems. I can give you ideas, but I cannot give you the direct guidance I could if you were on level eighteen. Our plans are in contact since yours is an ascending spiral--an ascending, what is your word for that? It is an ellipse. It is an ascending ellipse, and therefore I can cross and communicate with you, but not as directly.

Once I reach level forty-nine, which I will, I then leave all of this realm of existence. It does not mean I have reached the highest point by any means. It simply means I have left this group of seven, this overall group of seven.

Imagine, if you will, the seven circles enclosed in an even larger circle upon which seven more circles are stacked, which is in turn enclosed in even a great circle. Then you can have some idea of what infinity is. It does not ever stop."

"Far Journeys" R. Monroe.

Infinite expansion of consciousness & its levels.

I find this kind of metaphysical philosophy interesting to read and attempt to interpret. Posting this in a science forum should mean that you initiate a discussion of what it means to distinguish consciousness into different levels. E.g. what defines a single level of consciousness as being a single level and not multiple levels or a part of another broader level? What does the process of moving from one level of consciousness to another entail? etc. etc. I think you could reasonably raise these kinds of discussion in either the philosophy or religion section. My vote would be for religion since you're not so much dealing with substantive philosophical issues as states of consciousness/being, which also transcends more 'worldly' psychological questions.

What I find interesting in these kinds of discussions is that people automatically place plants at a low level of consciousness, because they don't move, and not due to any other reason.

Sure, they don't move, but slime moulds move and they have no brain (or even neurons) to be concious with, but because they move, people tend to think of then as being more conscious.

Plants have been demonstrated to have specific electro-chemical signalling cells that enable sensory stimuli to be detected, processed and relayed to remote locations in the plant. These cells act just as neurons in animals do (which are cells that use electro-chemical signalling, etc).

So, plants have the capacity to have communicative networks that react to sensory stimuli, and this is what most people think of conciousness.

Now, I don't know that plants are concious not not, to any degree, but the fact that they have similar equipment (electro-chemically signalling and processing of sensory information) to animals, then I don't see why they couldn't be just as conscious as animals. And, as they have the same basic equipment that allows consciousness in animals, then to assume they are not is just that - an assumption. And one not based on evidence (with potential evidence to the contrary).

This means that the entire premise of the OP, that there exists a scale of conciousness from plants to animals to humans look much more shaky.

Also, don't forget fungi. Fungi are more closely related to humans that they are to plants. So, where would they fit into that list?

• 2 weeks later...

kontantin,

The specifics you give in terms of numbers are interesting to me, in terms of "where do you get these numbers?"

Are the levels based on first hand reports that have be documented, or relayed word of mouth, down through the ages? If so, in what manner did those consciounesses that crossed the bridge, to forms other than human, relay the information of their journey, back to us humans?

The other possibility is that there is something nescessary about there being this particular arrangement of ascending spirals, and levels and such, in some mathematically or logically required way.

The principles involved in this determination did not seem to be described in the OP.

On another tack, I am wondering "how many consciousnesses are there?" that are partaking in this event.

Where in the scheme do "collections of human consciousnesses" come in. For instance, what level is "the University of Michigan" on? Or the U.S.A.? Or the European Union?

Is an ant colony "one" consciouness in the scheme? That could decide to move on to the next level? Or is each ant, a separate consciousness?

On a practical basis, if I were to be in the room with you, as you transcended from human form, across a bridge to the other than human form required to be at the next level, what is it that I would see happening?

Or is the whole operation contained in your imagination?

Regards, TAR2