Google is taking over the world

Doc. Josh

I find myself quite frequently using google all day every day with out exception, And it seems all information needed for everyday activities, issues, questions, thoughts, directions anything literly can be found using this search engine. To my understanding this is not the end of google as we know it but as the web continues to expand everyday the more content thats added the information appeares to be endless. Can this in turn help people learn faster? and can this have any possible negitive effects on people, society or anything?

I suppose my main concern here is there too much content at to much ease for society? can it evolve to be dangerous at some point?

Knowledge is power and power can be used constructively and destructively. Would you rather have people as ignorant sheeple or that they develop some critical intelligence, independence, and take some responsibility for their own power? What has really evolved to be dangerous, imo, is that the will to be ignorant and yet politically entitled to economic privileges has created an ethic of controlling intelligent, powerful individuals to make them serve those who avoid gaining intelligence and power. This leads me to wonder whether the strongest power doesn't lie in ignorance and entitlement, which is why I think facebook is popular while the use of internet to gain knowledge-power is viewed by the facebook mentality as nothing more than a means to better yourself to impress others and thereby gain more entitlement/privilege.

understood, im thinkning more along the lines of will there come a point when the content on the web is so vast it becomes un controllable ex. the programs to hack fbi cia data bases are just as easy as typing an email and pretty much nothings a secret. the end result being letting secret information into the wrong hands and the accesability is to great to track which in turn could spawn a new group of terrorist, somthing along those lines not so much general information becoming dangerous.

................ ex. the programs to hack fbi cia data bases are just as easy as typing an email and pretty much nothings a secret...................

Looks like the US government is worried about this. From today's News:-

post-22702-0-48243900-1306941200_thumb.jpg

understood, im thinkning more along the lines of will there come a point when the content on the web is so vast it becomes un controllable ex. the programs to hack fbi cia data bases are just as easy as typing an email and pretty much nothings a secret. the end result being letting secret information into the wrong hands and the accesability is to great to track which in turn could spawn a new group of terrorist, somthing along those lines not so much general information becoming dangerous.

It may be that secrecy itself spawns terrorism, but that could be a whole other discussion. I think you underestimate the ability of propaganda to be used for security pursuits. When information is "leaked" via internet, it often contains information that procures certain ideologies and effects. The idea that the information was supposed to remain secret yet was "leaked" may be little more than a ploy to stimulate interest in the information to lure people into consuming it. Ultimately you're dealing with a "free world" where people can and will pick and choose information and do with it as they will. So the question is how to approach broadcasting and other public communication with that in mind, I think.

I don't see how considering the ease with which facebook lures people away from informative internet content found via google.

Sad really, isn't it? Virtually the entire history and knowledge of our race available at the push of a button and people spend hours on FB. You can go on a virtual tour of tombs in the Valley of the Kings or read just about any book ever written and people would rather follow the tweets of a celebrity drinking coffee.

Similarly I was chasing info on "Citrine crystal mining" last night and 4 of the top 40 sites were about crystal mining in WoW. I felt like crying.