Can you get addicted from weed brownies or cannabutter ?

Weed brownies

Can you really get "weed addicted" ? And if so, is it possible to get addicted from eating weed brownies or cannabutter bakery products ? I was wondering if there is any certified information on this topic. Also info on any weed related disorders would be valuable.

Edited by swansont
remove url

Can you really get "weed addicted" ? And if so, is it possible to get addicted from eating weed brownies or cannabutter bakery products ? I was wondering if there is any certified information on this topic. Also info on any weed related disorders would be valuable.

If you google this you will find lots of links to the harm cannabis does and it's addictive properties, you will also find lots of links telling you the opposite. To be honest I tend to side with the people who see pot as, if not harmful, one of the lest harmful recreational drugs we use. Pot cannot be good for you due to the main way of using it, smoking, it would be quite easy to argue the point effectively from either direction which tells me that there is something odd about the research going on, in other words both sides of the debate seem to have an ax to grind. I recommend you google it to see both sides of the argument, one thing is certain pot does far less harm to society than alcohol and nicotine.

• 1 month later...

As a trained pharmacologist, I have generally found through teachings or readings of scientific articles, that physical addiction of psychedelics such as THC or LSD are much less than other compounds. It still exists to a certain degree or course, but the relaitively speaking, physical addiction of THC is much lower. With that said, it doesn't mean THC is a safe drug. There are plenty of examples where its properties are healthy, but there are also plenty of evidence for the opposite. Secondly, just because physical addiction is low, it doesn't mean that psychological addiction is also low. Everyone can become psychologically addicted to anything. With drugs such as thc, it may be a little easier than let's say a tomato. The reason for this is THC tends to relax people, you may find your stresses not bothering you as much, and this ultimately will be a feeling that will be hard to give up, and you will feel that you need it. So don't be fooled pot is addictive, just not necessarily the same way as alcohol or heroine.

It's also worth mentioning that marijuana can "enhance"or trigger symptoms in the mentally ill but equally some report it also dulls the symptoms, as far as weed related illness well how about cancer marijuana contains high amounts of tar.

Today's pot can often contain THC levels of 20 percent or more which is much more than the stuff in the 60's.

Lots of things can enhance or trigger symptoms in the mentally ill, I'm not sure that pot is any worse than things like alcohol or even cigarettes in that way but if your pot is very strong then you smoke less of it, one of the most important things you learn as a pot smoker is that strong pot lasts longer than weak pot because you have smoke less of the strong stuff to get your self to the level of "high" you like. The idea that strong pot is somehow worse or more dangerous than weak pot is really a weak argument.

Obviously pot is not good for you, no way inhaling smoke can be good for you, lungs are not meant to inhale smoke, period. But for every bad study about pot there is a good one or more likely a neutral one, to me the real idea is how much harm does it cause to others. Once you get the idea of protecting people from themselves by law then do you outlaw cheese burgers? Make real butter illegal? Do you make very one be vegans? If you look at it unemotionally alcohol is far more dangerous than pot and no where near as addictive as cigarettes, I wouldn't suggest anyone use any mind altering drug but pot has to be the least harmful of them, you cannot over dose on pot (or thc) but you can on tobacco (nicotine) and alcohol, both of them can kill you if you use too much, small children are poisoned by the nicotine in tobacco regularly, and people die every day from alcohol poisoning, eat a couple bags of pot and you get dizzy and nauseous but you do not die.

And yes pot is somewhat addictive, stop using it (after long term use) and about two weeks after your last joint you will feel a bit agitated for a couple of days, taper off and you don't even get that. The worse thing about pot is that is is illegal and the government, at least in the USA will do their best to ruin your life because you got caught smoking pot especially if you are young and under age so don't do it.

My main problem about pot is you don't know how it was grown, under what conditions and if pesticides were used to grow it, makes you pause to think you are smoking pesticides, at least it does me. But that is just part of it being illegal, in the black market anything goes. buyer beware....