supersymmetry ?

I was wondering if susy revolves around any subatomic symmetries for both fermion and boson partners

Basically supersymmetry rotates bosonic states into fermionic states and vice versa. You can also understand this a the (quasi-)classical level of transforming bosonic fields into fermionic ones etc.

Either this answers your question, or you have something else in mind?

no, that sort of answers my question. But i meant was, is the symmetry based on macroscopic particle states or smaller scale properties of the particle themselves.. however you basically answered that, so i guess my question is how exactly does the symmetry work, because aren't bosons and fermions completely different particles.. or does susy work on principles of the particles being 2 sides of the same coin, or how they interact?. so basically symmetries on what they do and not what they are..

... so i guess my question is how exactly does the symmetry work, because aren't bosons and fermions completely different particles.. or does susy work on principles of the particles being 2 sides of the same coin...

In essence, SUSY relates a bosonic state/particle/field with a fermionic state/particle/field and vice versa. The spectra of the particles we see is essentially doubled to include these supersymmetric partners.

The attitude to take is exactly that the particles and "sparticles" are 2 sides of the same coin, as you put it.

...so basically symmetries on what they do and not what they are..

How well we can explain this will depend on your existing knowledge. A reasonable introduction to supersymmetric quantum mechanics can be found here.