Screen recording

Shadow

I've recently discovered an absolutely beautiful visualization plugin for certain media players, and since it seems not many people know about it I decided to start recording songs with the visualization and uploading them on YT. The media players in question are AIMP and Sonique and each one renders the visualizations a little differently, so some songs look better on one while others look better on the other. I've already spent an insane amount of time trying to find screen recorder software that would enable me to capture the entire screen with a smooth framerate and at least reasonable quality, and so far I've only found one that works, namely BB Flashback recorder. The quality isn't even near spectacular, but at least the resulting video is smooth. The problem is that it only works with AIMP, and crashes when I try to record fullscreen with Sonique.

Does anyone know of a good piece of screen recorder software that would enable me to capture the entire screen and get a smooth video? A lot of the ones I've tried have options for framerate, but I guess the computer just can't handle generating the images for the visualization and recording the screen at the same time, so in best case scenarios I get a jump here and there, worst case scenarios I get 2 frames/sec. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Apropos, is there a way to set something like this up to capture every frame that gets sent to the screen? Ie. a "do not render next frame until the current one is captured" setting. It wouldn't make any sense for games and such, but it would solve all my problems; I'd just run the program, wait for it to go through the song even if it took an hour, et voila.

For those of you interested, here is a link to the channel I'm uploading to.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your information

I've recently discovered an absolutely beautiful visualization plugin for certain media players, and since it seems not many people know about it I decided to start recording songs with the visualization and uploading them on YT. The media players in question are AIMP and Sonique and each one renders the visualizations a little differently, so some songs look better on one while others look better on the other. I've already spent an insane amount of time trying to find screen recorder software that would enable me to capture the entire screen with a smooth framerate and at least reasonable quality, and so far I've only found one that works, namely BB Flashback recorder. The quality isn't even near spectacular, but at least the resulting video is smooth. The problem is that it only works with AIMP, and crashes when I try to record fullscreen with Sonique.

Does anyone know of a good piece of screen recorder software that would enable me to capture the entire screen and get a smooth video? A lot of the ones I've tried have options for framerate, but I guess the computer just can't handle generating the images for the visualization and recording the screen at the same time, so in best case scenarios I get a jump here and there, worst case scenarios I get 2 frames/sec. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Apropos, is there a way to set something like this up to capture every frame that gets sent to the screen? Ie. a "do not render next frame until the current one is captured" setting. It wouldn't make any sense for games and such, but it would solve all my problems; I'd just run the program, wait for it to go through the song even if it took an hour, et voila.

For those of you interested, here is a link to the channel I'm uploading to.

Really like your videos man, I'll suscribe ;)

1. You're asking in the wrong place.

2. You shouldn't have explained your idea as it's quite original and people might steal it!

If I were you I would go to a proper computer forum and ask the question without talkin about youtube etc. I'd also delete this thread. Well I depends on how much you care about people copying you but I think your video is much more interesting to watch than the UKFDubstep logo :P

Shadow , I know this example I give is probably a little different than what you describe , but it also has similiarities .

When I make 3d models , I have to use a renderer to make a detailed image which does it's stuff as the computer still shows me the 3d model . I had the problem of the computer crashing and the only thing I could do was shut it down and restart . Then , I discovered a renderer that sent all it's data that had been processed to disk , which I think means that the processed image was written to the hard disk as it was being made and the ram memory was free to do other important things . The 3d modeller and the image renderer never crash now .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is the ability for programs to screen record -- without dropping frames or missing anything important -- something that could be facilitated or made "natural" via the operating system? For example, can one build a Linux system to do that, making it easier/simpler for programmers to create a screen recorder exactly like the OP seeks?