What do you think of Electronic cigarettes?

I decided on this topic because I have heard nothing but good things about them (other than Canada banning importation) So I was looking for opinions on both sides if they are good or bad,

For those who don't know an electronic cigarette heats up a substance in an inhalable cartridge and produces a vapour and flavour similar to a cigarette. They are marketed as a stop smoking aid. I don't know the entire list of ingredients I'm sure someone else here more adept at finding things will add it. but I know the primary ingredient is Glycol.

I really think it will help me to stop smoking by allowing me to puff away when I really just want a smoke and only allowing myself small doses of nicotine from a nicotine inhaler. it will basically replace the hand to mouth need and the flavour i hope will satisfy cravings. Most cigarettes in a day that a smoker has are not needed for the addiction they are just habitual. Your body needs less nicotine to satiate cravings than what you give it. I'm only speaking from my personal experience no citing of a study that proved this but I know I smoke alot less and don't miss it when i am not around smokers or other "Triggers"

But I'm also not stupid to go blindly putting things into my body, I think they are harmless and the Government here just wants in on the action. SO whats your opinion?

i have considered this option for a little while now, however i have tried them and find them to be more harsher than a normal smoke. So the enjoyment is lessend and the danger i believe is too early to be assesed. It wouldnt suprise me if the fda found out it can cause cancer just like everything else. :huh:

I personally don't smoke so I have no experience on the issue but these are the words of a close friend...

"as a smoker, its unsatisfactory. It gives you the chemical but it doesnt give you the feel of smoking. I enjoy the taste and the feeling of the smoke entering my lungs. If you just enjoy the nicotine and hate every other aspect of smoking... its a good thing... but it doesnt cover the taste, smell, feel, enjoyment of it all.

and its hard to tell when you have had enough nicotine.. there is no definititive -this cigarette is out- "