IDM help!

rktpro

I downloaded the trial version of IDM. I downloaded a patch from somewhere. I patched it and it worked okay till it detected the patch and stopped itself. Now, whenever I install any version of this, I get the same message. Message goes like,"IDM has been registered with a fake serial number. IDM is now exiting."

Can I undo the patch from registry or whatever and use the trial version. There is no undo option in the patch file.

Thanks

I downloaded the trial version of IDM. I downloaded a patch from somewhere. I patched it and it worked okay till it detected the patch and stopped itself. Now, whenever I install any version of this, I get the same message. Message goes like,"IDM has been registered with a fake serial number. IDM is now exiting."

Can I undo the patch from registry or whatever and use the trial version. There is no undo option in the patch file.

Thanks

If you still have the program on your pc you could do a Deep Scan with Revouninstaller, follow the prompts to uninstall and it will remove all its associated registry entries.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html Get the free one down the page.

Failing that, have you tried going back to a date point before you installed the patch with System Restore... assuming one is still there ?

But, I have installed other programms too. Won't it affect them?

Yes, any system files and settings will be changed to those of the date you restore to...your data files like pictures,documents and music etc won't be touched. Have look to see the date you installed IDM and think about what you installed after...there may not even be a restore point before it depending on the size limit of the System Volume Information file...Windows deletes the oldest restore point when the limit is reached before it makes a new one.

Edited by StringJunky