Whats Your Hangover Remedy?

Doc. Josh

Last time my brother and I got drunk his hangover cure was simple. Just finish off the half bottle of whisky left over, this was at about 9am.

Not my advice.

Edited by ajb

Last time my brother and I got drunk his hangover cure was simple. Just finish off the half bottle of whisky left over, this was at about 9am.

Not my advice.

You British people know how to drink. I got a couple of English friends here in the states who are always the life of the party.

snapback.pngajb, on 6 May 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

Not my advice.

You British people know how to drink. I got a couple of English friends here in the states who are always the life of the party.

I once was camping and came across a group of brits, well i got touk in cards, out drank, and had the best time with those guys! May have been just them but truly the life of the party. :P

I have a pro-active defense against hangovers: I never drink! But since most of the negative symptoms of hangovers come from the dehydration caused by alcohol, the best remedy is to drink a lot of water before going to bed. Some people add an aspirin or some vitamin C.

Hangover in the head (dehydration): drink water or anything else.

Hangover in the stomach (puking and stuff): big breakfast including plenty of liquid (water or anything else), if you can keep it in... then straight back to bed for a 1 hour nap. I usually wake up feeling fine after that. If you can't keep breakfast in (i.e. it comes straight back out), something smoothe like yoghurt can help. If you can't even keep that in, you're screwed and you shouldn't drink so much.

The cure against hangovers cannot involve "not drinking". That's like preventing speeding on highways by removing all engines from cars. Although it seems to solve the problem, somehow it's not what we meant.

My hangover cure is to drink water with a soluble vitamin C tablet in it, along with vitamin B complex.

If I'm drinking again the next day, then a pint as soon as possible after waking works well (although it seems to be frowned upon by the medical commuity). If I'm not drinking the next day a lie in in a dark room works.

OK, technically this not a cure for a hangover but when I was going out with "the gang" for a boozy night out we would all call in the NAAFI (I was in the Forces) and we would all have a pint of milk before venturing forth. We generally felt quite well the next morning - but that might have been because most of us "threw up" on the way home! By the way have you noticed that whatever you have been eating it comes up as diced carrots?

Edited by TonyMcC

Downing a pint of water before bed works for me, if I'm really drunk sometimes it just makes me throw up, but at least the water diffuses your stomach acid, and the alcahol which was in your stomach can't make you more drunk while you're sleeping. I heard that the diced carrots are actually part of your intestines which aren't fond of alcahol and have broken off :S

I heard that the diced carrots are actually part of your intestines which aren't fond of alcahol and have broken off :S

LOL

Just in case someone takes that serious: The control test is that you drink on an empty stomach. I guarantee you that there are no 'diced carrots' then, so this is not true. And yes, when I was a student, I've been stupid enough to drink beer on an empty stomach a few times until I got sick.

The leftover curry seemed to help, but it took all day and night. I was, therefore, fine the next morning.

My pet theory is that if you are sober enough to remember the advice about drinking lots of water before you go to bed then that sobriety might be why you don't get such a hangover.

Incidentally, I don't eat carrots; never have liked them so we are talking about 40 years since I ate them.

So how come I throw them up after drinking?

(actually I suspect it's chips (fries for those on the wrong side of the pond) in disguise)

Re "Not even getting a hangover. 1 glass of water per 1-2 drinks. "

And take your mobile phone so you can still talk to your friends, even though you spend most of the evening in the bathroom

So whats some of the hangover remedys on the forums?

Level 1 hang over remedy =

Level 2 hangover remedy =

level three hangover remedy=

The cause of hangovers is not getting drunk. It is sobering up afterwards. The remedy is obvious.