My Force Field?

Humanist

(sorry if this is in the wrong board)

Hello,

I have a question about my force field...or I am just guessing that this is what it is.

I've done things that I can NOT explain to myself. I wonder about them a lot. For example: today, I walked into my English class and no one was in there. The lights were off. But right when I stepped in the lights all came on. The lights closest to me flashed on and the lights came on in rows. The furthest came on last. Like a wave.

It was very eerie to me (just not knowing what was happening.) And the switch for turning the lights on were DOWN!

This has happpened before.

ANd also, I got into a very heated argument years ago with my younger sister. This time was like no other time...it was just about the most frustrated Ive ever been. I screamed and clenched my fists and all the ligts in the house turned off.

We stood there for a second...and clicked at the light switch a few times...but the lights stayed off. Only when I left the house, the lights were able to be switched on.

Is this what a "human force field" does? How does this work? Is it controllable?

For me, these events just happen. I feel like I cant control it or know when itll happen. It just does, like suprise! :confused:

I would like a SCIENTIFIC explanation of this...not religious (because I'm not...hint hint, thus the username.) :P

has this happened to anyone else here? Im sure it has. I just havent gotten any stories from others.

Im all ears :embarass:

yeah, it might be "coincidence"...but its happened so many times! those are just two small examples...

I guess theres no way to fully explain to others. Youd just have to have it happen to you.

thanks for the link.

I never really saw TK and PK as very scientific, but more of a "spiritual" explanation...maybe thats just me. I dunno.

Got a lot of thinking to do.

First scenario:

Perhaps the lights are of the motion-sensing variety, with switches just in case you need them off manually.

Second:

Perhaps your frequency of the scream hit the natural frequency of some electronic gizmo in the lights or breakers or whatnot, knocking it out. Then later the thing stopped vibrating and came back (being out of the house is a coincidence).

yup, I'd have to vote on coincidence, either that, or I want some of what your smoking :)

but then again, in your first scenario Capn, if the switch was in the off position, would motion sensor override that switch? With the switch open (off) the circuit is broken and current cannot flow.

Strange indeed.

yeah' date=' it might be "coincidence"...but its happened so many times! those are just two small examples...

[/quote']

coincidence. you just remember the few times it DID happen, not the billions of times it DIDN'T.

yeah' date=' it might be "coincidence"...but its happened so many times! those are just two small examples...

I guess theres no way to fully explain to others. Youd just have to have it happen to you.

thanks for the link.

I never really saw TK and PK as very scientific, but more of a "spiritual" explanation...maybe thats just me. I dunno.

Got a lot of thinking to do.[/quote']

Get a grad student or professor involved to run studies. You can become wealthy if you can recreate this under test conditions. I realize it doesn't happen when you want, but it should happen under test conditions, eventually.

OMG!!!! I have that too, whenever I walk up to those big sliding doors at the mall they open infront of me, its like the KNOW I am coming, its amazing. Also whenever I walk in my front door the alarm goes so I have to enter my code, it really weird its like the alarm has eyes or something. But I think I am just superhuman and exert this weird effect on electrical devices. Like when I get pissed off and kick my comp it shutsdown, its like it knows I am angry with it..... AMAZING.

• 3 weeks later...

The force is strong with this one... ;)

The line

It was very eerie to me (just not knowing what was happening.) And the switch for turning the lights on were DOWN!

Usually when a switch is DOWN it means it's on, that's how it works in the UK anyway.

Faulty wiring, is the switch near the door, did you bang the door or maybe your head recently??

Is there a CCTV camera in the room or another light switch that someone might be using to wind you up with?? I'd have some fun with people if I were a security officer and could control the lights in a room from my office. ;)

Are there switches on the door??

School teachers often leaving the lights on at the end of the day, maybe it's some kind of energy saving system that turns them off after there's no movement in the room for a while.

OMG!!!! I have that too, whenever I walk up to those big sliding doors at the mall they open infront of me, its like the KNOW I am coming, its amazing. Also whenever I walk in my front door the alarm goes so I have to enter my code, it really weird its like the alarm has eyes or something. But I think I am just superhuman and exert this weird effect on electrical devices. Like when I get pissed off and kick my comp it shutsdown, its like it knows I am angry with it..... AMAZING.

Lying SOB!!! :mad:

Next you'll be telling us your fridge magically lights up or even your car when you open the doors.. :D

When I tap the side of my head everything blacks out and I hear a kind of a popping sound, could this be related somehow??

I'm not mad you know!! My psychiatrist is though, she says she's a man but I can tell she isn't, the beard gives it away see!!

you know in sci am a while back there was an article

the question was how come some people seem to know that their family member has died.

the answer was that if each person thinks about their loved ones at least ten times a day. their are 6 billion people in the world, and then factor in the daily death rate of the entire world.

you end up with a situation where it is likely for 12 people in the world have a death premonition per day. (this was from a mathmatician, if you would like I can find the issue).

in the case of what you described. the light switches were down. I would assume that that meant they were on. (thats the way they are sometimes, did you try flipping the switch?).

for the other situation, where you got very angry. if there are 6 billion people in the world, people get angry ounce a month, there are small local blackouts -(insert average here) you could find that a small number of people will experience what you described in a year.

• 1 month later...
why don`t you go and get it tested/verified properly then?

I`m sure there are plenty of Parapsychology depts in various Universities that would relish the oportunity to test you :)

yea I forget which university in the U.S will give 100.000 dollars to anyone with solid proof of any form of esp or tk. I have never seem it done so I cant logicly assume it was not a coincedence.

• 1 month later...

If you wanted it tested scientifically you need to know yourself how many times a year, a month, a day (average) this may occur as then they stand a chance of arranging a suitable study method.

Also you would explain that you checked the obvious and so are not wasting there time.

The obvious such as:

Schools have energy saving lights that stay on (or switch on in rows) by infra red detectors picking up body heat... all the time people (live people!) are around the light rows stay on........... If your english room was empty, this would occur as you explained it.

Lights in the home.... if tripped at the mains (for what ever reason)... no amount of flicking the light switch up or down will solve it.... maybe after you left (and the occupants were left without your temper), they could think to go to the trip switch... then the house light switches would operate as usual)

If you do have a phenomenonmenomenon (spelling?) then it would be great to hear of it from a science reasoning....... Get them to feed back, thanks.

(I dont think I've written anything offensive..... but I have a candle standing by just incase, he ha!)

Good luck, it could be really interesting to discover an unknown reason.

hey if i stand long enough especially among other people at traffic lights...all the cars suddenly stop and i can cross,i swear i never touched anything!I dont know how but im sure i have psychotic powers...it happens much faster when im angry also and i shout and swear at passing cars....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Although I'm more inclined to believe in psychokinetic phenomena. Id have to say that these instances are coincidental. Ive had the same thing happen... when i was angry the lights had flickered for a few seconds until i calmed down.

Later i found out that the flicker was caused by power fluctuation in the city grid due to a lightning storm. my calming down as it ended was just impeccable timing.

But, like others have suggested. test it. if you could reproduce the same results under controlled conditions, then you can apparently manipulate electricity. but for now, its best not to get to excited about it.

Another explanation that i can think of, however improbable. is electro-static interference.

when a person is experiencing an extreme emotion or adrenaline rush, their brain waves are around 50- 120 Hz. (the frequency of standard electrical systems is 60Hz) also the amplitude of the wave is higher due to greater electro-chemical reactions taking place in the brain to produce the same signal. Like frenquencys of Electromagnetic waves are known to interfere with each other.. this is the reason cell phones, and other Wireless devices are not allowed to be used on planes.. for they can interfere with the transmitions between the cockpit and the tower. the interference from your bio-electric field acted as a dampener.

This explanation however is rather improbable, because of the field intensity of the human body.

According to current Studies, the Magnetic Field of the brain is only a few femtoteslas.

ANd also, I got into a very heated argument years ago with my younger sister. This time was like no other time...it was just about the most frustrated Ive ever been. I screamed and clenched my fists and all the ligts in the house turned off.

look for a Touch lamp in your house. I used to be able to do this quite regularly (and even used it to freak out some friends >:D ). We figured that the touch lamp was sensitive, and that any slight electrical disturbance in the house would cause the touch lamp to turn on or off. I have an accomplice in the other room that was listening to what we were doing and then turned on several lights at the same time. This would cause the touch lamp to turn on or off at command.

Now, about your experience, it was probably that the light in the room was about to blow and maybe (a big maybe here) that when you screamed it caused the light filament to break (may be wobble a bit and then break).

Now I reckon that you didn't turn off all the lights. I think that most of the lights in the house could already have been off, but because the sudden darkness occurred unexpectedly, you remember it as all the light turning off. Our memories are actually very fluid things and they can be rewritten just by trying to remember the event.

For example: today, I walked into my English class and no one was in there. The lights were off. But right when I stepped in the lights all came on. The lights closest to me flashed on and the lights came on in rows. The furthest came on last. Like a wave.

Light here in Australia usually, when turned "down" are actually on (up of off). You can get sensors that detect the presence of a person in a room, and if your school has these in the class, then they would be used to save electricity. If it detects that no people are in the room it turns off the lights (even if the switch is "down"), as soon as it detects that people are in the room, it will turn on the lights.

Next time you are in that room, look for a small white box like object with a curved surface near the top or bottom and it might have a red blinking light in it. This is an inferred detector and it would be used to detect people in the room. They are also common in security systems as they can just as easily be used to turn on an alarm as they are able to turn on lights.