Grace relies on good information.

Greatest I am

Grace relies on good information.

Many Christians say that God does not send us to hell and that we CHOOSE to go there on our own. If fully informed, only the insane would reject God.

Given that God wills the very best for us, and given that we ourselves want the very best for ourselves, then it would seem that no one could make a FULLY INFORMED decision against God. And if not FULLY INFORMED, then the free will defense of hell falls down.

For me, this would apply to the above, given that to reject that which is (by the definition of Christians) the very best for us would imply that one is not fully informed.

This argument is developed in many ways in Thomas Talbott's book "The Inescapable Love of God", where he shows how a doctrine of Universalism (all are eventually saved) is compatible with the Biblical teaching as found in the NT, especially the writings of St Paul.

This quote also indicates that it is God’s will that none be lost and I cannot see God letting his will be thwarted by mankind.

Peter 3;9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

That being the case, there is no hell. Right?

No one who is not insane would choose hell. Right?

God does not allow his will to be thwarted. Right?

Regards

DL

The really short summary of that is:

If God really wants to save everybody, then nobody goes to hell, and hell is either empty or doesn't even exist.

I'm not an expert, but isn't the point of nearly every religion to distinuish between right and wrong, and to promise good for those who do good, and bad for those who do bad? If you allow everybody to eventually go to heaven, what incentive do you give the religious people to live a good life, if they end up in heaven for eternity anyway?

The really short summary of that is:

If God really wants to save everybody, then nobody goes to hell, and hell is either empty or doesn't even exist.

I'm not an expert, but isn't the point of nearly every religion to distinuish between right and wrong, and to promise good for those who do good, and bad for those who do bad? If you allow everybody to eventually go to heaven, what incentive do you give the religious people to live a good life, if they end up in heaven for eternity anyway?

The old carrot and stick mentality.

At some point in growing up, if people will not do good without being motivated either by fear of hell or the benefits of a reward, then they have missed the boat of being good humans.

You will note that in many countries where atheists have higher numbers than here, there is less crime.

Strange how they can be better than we Christian countries.

Regards

DL

Maybe this is why the Catholics believe that everybody goes to heaven, because anybody who doesn't subscribe to the finer points of common sense is simply misinformed, or mentally ill, or whatever.

What?

When did Catholics start thinking that way?

A reference or two would be nice.

Regards

DL

C P

I fetched this for you.

Regards

DL

Everyone is basically good, and almost everyone will go to heaven.”

mosj.corpuschristiparish.com/minutes/karl.keating.part5.pdf

Catholics who believe everyone goes to heaven,

soimarriedacatholic.wordpress.com/category/catholic-vs-protestant/

And indeed the Bible does tell us so: God "wills everyone to be saved and ...

www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac0494.asp

People who do not believe in God may still go to Heaven, ...

www.catholicplanet.com › ... › The Church and Salvation

"Everyone is basically good, and almost everyone will go to heaven."

mosj.corpuschristiparish.com/minutes/karl.keating.part5.pdf

Catholics who believe everyone goes to heaven,

soimarriedacatholic.wordpress.com/category/catholic-vs-protestant/

And indeed the Bible does tell us so: God "wills everyone to be saved and ...

www.americancatholic.org/Newsletters/CU/ac0494.asp

People who do not believe in God may still go to Heaven, ...

www.catholicplanet.com › ... › The Church and Salvation

Thanks for this.

I see that some Catholics have moved away from their, few who take the narrow road, to a few on the wide road.

A complete flip from when this ex R C was a church goer.

I still maintain though that if God loses even one soul then he can be said to be a loser of a God.

To even have one soul thwart his will kills his omnipotence.

Regards

DL